Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Intel GMA 900 in Windows 7

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 12-08-2010

Intel GMA 900 in Windows 7

The Intel GMA 900 is a very old and low-end integrated graphics. Intel said it does not meet the requirements for Aero Glass too, and have therefore refused to release WDDM drivers. However, if pre-release versions of XP, Vista drivers for Aero Glass, Aero GMA 900 run was perfect.

My question is this: the RTM version of Windows 7 enables the GMA 900 run Aero Glass? These issues are extremely important to me because it makes the chipset of my laptop and it would be pointless to Windows Aero 7 (anyone else would claim, many new features, the Aero Glass interface and take). Windows 7 is supposed to be optimized for netbooks, but it would be useless to a netbook as half of the key features missing.

Old 12-08-2010

Re: Intel GMA 900 in Windows 7

Remember, Windows 7 is still in beta, and the answer (works ZE).

Windows Update is doing something but always (Hebrews IK 10 + updates a day). They move.

My recommendation is to wait for a reply finally found.
Old 12-08-2010

Well, obviously it is important to wait for this site to see what an engineer says MSFT (if they ever met), but ... Like Vista, Windows 7 will come with different versions. Windows 7 Starter or base, designed for netbook computers less powerful, but these versions do not even have Aero on them all I have read (unless Microsoft changes release documentation). That would mean that you want to race or Home Premium, Business or Ultimate on your computer and of course Ultimate is the most expensive of the three releases and all three do not include Aero. Since Intel refuses to create drivers for the chipset, the real question is whether the pre-release drivers that you use today will be compatible with the RTM / final version of Windows 7. I know it's not really answer your question, it was more of a dungeon "hope, but cannot get your expectations too high" type of response. Hopefully an engineer can give a more definitive answer. Good luck!
Old 12-08-2010

You raise an important question, the use of starter editions base / on netbooks. It is useless to me, I do not need to sterilize OS, especially when I see the full version of Vista and Win7 tried on my Eee, and they work very well (but without Aero Glass). This is not addressed to you all, but do not answer telling me that I could use a starter or basic. This is not a solution to my problem.
Old 14-08-2010

This is not a problem that will be set through Windows Update. This situation GMA 900 users have suffered through the duration of Vista, because they know that their equipment can work in glass, but Intel just refuses to update drivers. My question is whether Microsoft is aware of this situation, and when they changed the standards for all drivers to enable Aero Glass said chipset running. Again, this is not something that will be patched, or a simple function that will be added after RC1. They do not work it's fixed or not.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , , ,