Thread: GTX480 installations problems

GTX480 installations problems

I am having a Zotac GTX480 by a friend, and we have installed that successfully. Till now everything seems ok. But we are facing the problems while installing the drivers. During the installation always comes the error message: "NVidia control panel could not be installed which may effect driver functionality. The most recent driver that worked will now be restored". We have been several times tried to uninstall the old drivers, both as admin and the user but still the problem is persisting. Please help me to sort out this problem.

Re: GTX480 installations problems

I would like to suggest you to install the drivers and check-times the consumption of the 8800 GTS with a FULL gtx480 consumed more than 8800 pieces, I guess with so 200Watt last longer, and then your system with 370Watt 480Watt. Because not all on one 12v rail but also may be due to 3v and 5v Power consumption already beyond the capacity of your power supply (not seen literally).

I guess with so 200Watt last longer, and then your system with 370Watt 480Watt. Because not all on one 12v rail but also may be due to 3v and 5v Power consumption already beyond the capacity of your power supply (not seen literally).
    consumption with the 8800GTS is ~ 150 Watt idle of course. under full load I have the 230watt ~. With the 8800GTS can I install drivers. otherwise I might not use the pc. after the 5870 had to leave was the 8800GTS. Also goes under the BeQuiet 480cm last to 600watt. that should definitely be sufficient even for the gtx480. Would also make stress gtx480 immediately when the pc turns on if there were not enough electricity available. Everything is so standardize. Hang up the latest games. So need help more..

The GTX 480 needs 452 watts under load including the rest of the system (test system CB). 182 watts at idle. The BeQuiet might be enough to start but probably not under full load. The ATI driver has been cleaned by Swepper Driver? Also I think that you should once use the ccleaner. Because many times using the ccleaner solves the problems that are similar to yours. So you should give a try. You will get the ccleaner here.

If I new that the graphics card causes errors when they are waiting for the CPU must therefore one would have ever have crashes with CPU intensive games or limiting the end. However, it may be that, depending on the game and the settings, often can not produce its full power. Have you tried to install the drivers in safe mode.? If not, then try to do it because I have observed that many times the drivers get properly installed in safe mode. So you should give a try.

The driver must be properly installed when changing video card every time. And an older driver for the 8800 would not fit even for the GTX480. Probably the simplest solution is being used as a default driver of the system. Maybe it has to be solved otherwise, but where should one start. That is just what I thought so in about it. If the driver is installed install, shutdown the computer and the GTX480. At the start everything should be set up by itself. At least it was so on with my change from 8800GTX GTX 260. Simply map expanded new card in, restart computer, this depends briefly as a new GTX260 graphics adapter and that was it. This worked without problems, at least with me. Try the easy times but also provided from (the current driver is installed and knows the GTX480).