Thread: Dell Inspiron 560mt video card upgrade options

Dell Inspiron 560mt video card upgrade options

I found refurbished Dell Inspiron 560mt desktop system. I am going to buy that soon. The configuration of this desktop is 1TB Hard Drive, 8 GB Ram, 16x DVD +/- Writer, 1525 Wireless and Windows 7 Home. I am looking for a video card upgarde for this. But on the dell site nothing is shown for the same. I need some tips on buying a desktop pc for my home. Should I buy this one.

Re: Dell Inspiron 560mt video card upgrade options

The configuration is great. For GPU you can purchase any as per the configuration of the motherboard. I had tried to find out what motherboard is used in this desktop, but there is nothing mentioned. Do this download CPUZ and install it. Then run it and from that note down the model number of the motherboard. Search for a relative GPU support for the same.

You can try the same by calling the customer care support of Dell. They offers you some support for the same. Other than this the desktop comes with Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 HD video support. It is not so good but enough for you to surf and work. The best is to get information on the customer care for the same or else you can face the incompatibility issue.

AS you can open up the case and first check out whether your board has a pci slot or not. Just look properly that what is written next to it. If it is PCI E slot then you can use any new graphic card right now from the market. On the other hand you will also need to upgrade the PSU for the same. Because your video card will need a good power for working or else it will burn out.

It is easy to find a card for the system but it must work with the PSU which you have in your system. The system like to support from some low to mid range graphic card and you will need to get a appropriate powers supply for the same. With a weak PSU you can fry your system out. It is also not easy to replace the PSU, for that you will need to first unplug all connections and open the 4 screws from backside.

MD Phenom II X6 comes in configurations DELL. I am using a Studi desktop which is the best I found. the Studio XPS 7100 is a nice which provides you power of 460 watts, up to 16GB of DDR3 Ram, up to 4 TB (terabytes) of disk storage, ports include integrated, eSATA, HDMI, and optical SPDIF for more connections digital, and an integrated memory card reader 19-in-one.

Why don't you look for some Studio Desktop system. You can customize that but I don't think that is limited to refurbished desktop. This model features an Intel Core 2 Duo E2200 clocked at 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM 800MHz DDR2, a 250GB hard drive, a graphics chip Intel GMA X4500 HD a DVD burner. A Blu-ray, TV tuner compatible with Windows Media Center remote and a keyboard and wireless mouse are also available as an option.