Thread: Researching 24 inch Widescreen Monitor for Gaming/Video Editing

Researching 24 inch Widescreen Monitor for Gaming/Video Editing

I am looking for a widescreen lcd monitor for gaming. The size of the same must be around 24 inch. My work is related to graphic editing plus games. I was going for eyefinity setup but that is going to cost me much. So better I would get a full screen 24 inch or higher monitor for my system. I need some of the best suggestion for this. Which should I buy and what points should I look for.

Re: Researching 24 inch Widescreen Monitor for Gaming/Video Editing

I know one ultra large monitor which gives you around 30 inch widescreen. It is called as Dell UltraSharp 3008WFP. The maximum resolution it offers to you is 2560 x 1600 and 3000:1 Contrast. So that is enough for high screen resolution. This monitor is the first to offer DisplayPort connectivity, a technology standard that can display high definition images on your computer.

There is another one which I am using right now. It is Samsung SyncMaster 245B 24 inch monitor. It gives a Full HD screens and the price is bit high for this. Its components are very similar and the look is quiet classic. It has a VGA and a DVI with HDCP support HD movies introduced on Blu-ray and HD-DVD. You can just connect your DVR directly to it and use it as a TV.

I will recommend you to look for AL2416W. It is also a 24 inch widescreen monitor with a very high resolution. Its main advantage is that Acer has launched its new screen, the AL2616WD with a slab A-PVA 5 ms against a S-PVA 6 ms for the AL2416W. On this screen, there is no height-adjustable stand or USB hub, or even DVI. It is simply the analog jack where yo udo the connection. It is a HD monitor.

I am using Acer AL2416W B monitor. It is same as the older models but a quiet cheaper and widescreen support. The first AL2416W (A) was equipped with a slab-type PVA 6 ms which ensured a good response time and viewing angles are fairly open in all directions. The new AL2416W (B) is quiet much more advanced one. The other interest that B had to offer just enough color, except in gray, marked by a dominant sensitivity pink.

There is big range of widescreen monitor from acer. You can choose any of it. The Acer G24 is a nice one. The screens are designed to attract players must have at least two grades. This monitor if you see is truly a gaming monitor. Acer has also thought of the console gamers by integrating a mode 1.1 in order to avoid distortion of the image due to stretching of it on 1200 lines instead of 1080 for the latest generation of games.

I am using a 23 inch Apple cinema display. It is really beautiful and nice monitor. The monitor gives out a great performance and it is really beautiful. Little Apple key which is shows on the two hubs, with some additional one or two Firewire ports and a USB connection. You can easily connect an external hard drive, a camcorder, a kit keyboard / mouse and a webcam to it.