Thread: GTX 260 VGA out works DVI out no picture

GTX 260 VGA out works DVI out no picture

I have a GTX 260 VGA graphics card, home sparkle ( with two DVI Svideo + 1 ) on an ASUS P5Q. I noticed in the bios of the ASUS that could redirect the output SPDIF_OUT to the graphics card, if it has an HDMI port ( in the bios there is a choice between SPDIF_OUT or HDMI_OUT), I was wondering if I put a DVI to HDMI on the 9800 GTX +, and I plug the TV via an HDMI cable, if I enable this option?

Re: GTX 260 VGA out works DVI out no picture

If DVI or VGA connection, you can still have sound if you plug a cable or RCA jacks or 3.5 ( the latter is the most common) but it requires a stereo sound and not home theater . if you want to do this , plug the jack on the sound card and the other on the same cable entry side of the sheet vga / dvi to TV. if adapter, you will not because of his on the other side of the sheet , so the dvi side , there is no sound. This may be why you can not have anything like its adjustment in your menu but in the bios. and even if you put in the BIOS.

The thing is, if you redirect the output to spdif the 260 GTX can , by plugging a DVI - > HDMI , have the image AND the sound, and this through the DVI card graphic. I understand it , then after that, normally, the VGA and DVI is not meant to sound, certainly, but in my case , it seems to work , so there are always exceptions to the rule, since in this case , it has great sound through a DVI connector ( there just to add a cable to connect the SPDIF_OUT the motherboard, a connector for this purpose on the 260 GTX ).

You need to connect the VGA cable with integrated jack 3.5 , mentioned above, only certain cards are able to do DVI to HDMI with sound, and are sold with an adapter. Alternatively take a graphics card with HDMI naively. For small c the little cable cable has 2 son came with the card that plugs into the internal connector of the card and the motherboard has a SPDIF jack 4broches with an absent. It is like pins: 5 V , SPDIF OUT , GND and my cable has a + and a - . This little cable is used to route the sound through HDMI.

After some research , the problem is simple .. just change the parameter of the TV his tab HDMI switch with audio ( the TV recognizes the HDMI cable which for him is the sound go with a cable dvi -> hdmi the sound does not pass. I will answer the second , for a good sound quality does not hesitate to invest in a dedicated audio card . The integrated audio chipset is good but can cause lag or other trouble when doing a lot of things on his computer. Similarly , you select a soundcard with all inputs and outputs that you would need .

You need to see your config, I think you want to mount it for games right? If you have the square below the AGP ( because it takes 2 slots of brackets ) If your connector is disposed in the same manner as this one, then your red wire goes to the +5 v and the black SPDIFOUT . Second thing has so much to do, you'll have parameters in bios Setting on line SPDIF_OUT : HDMI Output.