Thread: Problem with External Graphics Card Notebook

Problem with External Graphics Card Notebook

Hello by reason of want to put a graphic that now I have a pull over GMA X3100, and newer games so I do not throw well, and when he asked when I bought this PC I was told that the components was independent of the plate or something so, but I dare not buy one to shove the laptop because if some day I damaged the notebook and I see that you've changed me remove any component warranty, and I would like to know that external graphics card can be so good that pull well, my PC is a Compaq Presario V6710ES. This may be happening because I am not having much idea about an external graphics card. So, also provide some information about it.

Re: Problem with External Graphics Card Notebook

You can not change the graph of your laptop if you want. It is not possible. The laptop can only extend the ram, changing the micro (rarely) replace the hard disk and reader / writer DVDs. If you have enough money you can change the laptop's motherboard by a different than your model number (if it has a better graphic) if it fits in housing. The outside of the graph does not make sense. Spend enough money on experimental solutions that rely on external monitors (more money) able to play any 3d game. Buy a desktop computer and put the graphic you want.

If you have a video card or modern graphics, it is possible that its manufacturer, usually NVIDIA or ATI , offer to install extra software is not free , to increase the performance and power of your video card. Ubuntu as standard can only and want to include one that is open source so if you do not mind sacrificing this point, you must perform a series of steps may vary depending on your make and model of card. Assuming that the manufacturers and suppliers offer some way or systems software for Ubuntu GNU / Linux.

Without this possibility it is usual that all applications that require graphics acceleration, especially games , may not work or are not playable due to its low performance. Currently Nvidia is offering the best software for their own performance, but vendors like ATI are increasing their development on Linux systems like Ubuntu and others such as Intel have offered to free its software related to graphics cards, popular in some well-known equipment manufacturers.

Once installed 3D acceleration with any brand of graphics card to see if it is running we can use the programs included in package mesa-utils. First, we should install mesa-utils package. Once installed, there are two commands that can execute. The first is glxinfo, which provides information on the current state of 3D acceleration. To run it, write the following in a terminal :
    Code:
      $ Glxinfo | grep direct
    The other is glxgears command, which displays a small window for about gears turning, should be enabled 3D acceleration:
    Code:
    $ Glxgears