Thread: Resolution issues with external monitor.

Resolution issues with external monitor.

I had trouble on my Westinghouse 1400x1050 external monitor display. I have tried to update my graphics card and my BIOS but that did not help. I hope I can run my external monitor with the resolution extended to desktop. I do not know why, but it has let me set the resolution higher than before. I do not know what changes have taken place and why I am getting this resolution issues with external monitor.

Re: Resolution issues with external monitor.

I am also facing the similar problem the highest resolution 1280x1024 is still given. I have already run in 1400x1050 so I do not know what altered that. Westinghouse monitors do not have. inf file so I am sure that there is no requirement to update the display driver. Is there any software that can force a custom resolution for the external monitor?

Currently I my C: derive is having 37 gigabyte of free space out of 160 gigabytes. My friend has said that this is can be reason that is affecting the resolution of external monitor. But I do not agree with him because there is no technical reason related to this. But if it is related to it anyhow I am ready to increase the amount of free space.

I have just bought a laptop ACER Travelmate 3043wtmi which has a native resolution of 1280x800. When I connect via a docking station on my Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22 and although the picture does not take all the screen and I end up with black bars top and bottom of the screen. How to change the image of my laptop to reproduce has the same on the external monitor?

I am in clone mode for when the laptop is connected to the docking station; I do not want to use the screen 22 ". But this is normal in this case I cannot settle at all the definition of the screen? Neither the display options of XP nor those of graphics chip will allow me. I board notes that as 1280x800 is not directly supported by my 22 "it displays the image automatically in 1280x1024 but with black bars top and bottom, although I check the box" Full Screen ".How can I do to simply view an image full screen? Is that necessarily prevents the clone mode to have two different resolutions?

My screen is connected to a docking station so it automatically reproduces what is on the screen of the laptop (clone mode). And that's the problem. The clone mode apparently blocks the change in definition on the external screen. If going off the Expanded Bureau, I can actually settle the definition of the external screen but there are always black edges around the picture. I do not really know what to do to fix that