Thread: How to connect HDTV to Lenovo

How to connect HDTV to Lenovo

I have a Samsung monitor HD Ready with HDMI and Thinkpad laptop. I have a Desktop PC also running on Windows XP. At first I tried to Connect the HDTV to the PC and via VGA. That worked well. So I buy a cable connecting my monitor to my PC. An HDMI cable to DVI (with DVI / VGA) support. ow I'd like to know if possible terms for accurate configuration of the screen with the laptop.

Re: How to connect HDTV to Lenovo

This looks a bit serious. It is right that configuration is needed there. I have a laptop with Nvidia GPU support. For that click on Start and then click on Control Panel. Now double click on nvidia control panel. You can located that by pressing N. On the left column you can see 3d settings and video settings. See that your display is found in here. Then go back to display by right clicking on Desktop and then choose single view. You can there put your monitor here.

It is a bit complicated but be patient about the same. First connect the HD TV with one HDMI input and finish connecting the same to the laptop adapter. The setup of PC with VGA output only is not possible. HDMI is simply the latest evolution of DVI with the analog signal to remove (the aim is to make the HD), audio and more, and a protocol HDCP.

The VGA signal is an analog signal composed of three colors Red Green Blue and some of them have memory sync. The DVI is a digital signal, it has been created for the VGA but remained compatible with this one for people who do not change screen so you can use an adapter to the DVI out VGA In this case it's the graphics card that switches a digital signal to an analog signal depending on the screen detected on its port.

Use a composite video cable although you have verified that an outflow of this type on your graphics card is very good but it looks like a current PS2 connector but the picture is not pretty. Change the graphics card to a card with native DVI and there you'll see it's going to walk all alone the first time and doing nothing except adjust your resolution.

Personally I use the Radeon HD AGP with an Athlon XP 2200 + is not expensive and the catalyst drivers really starting to take the road AGP AVIVO codecs free downloaded your map and you decode the MPEG2 Hardware with an excellent quality. This PC acts as my media center and it turns to work fine. Just connect that and then checkout the same.

I have a laptop with an Nvidia card ge force 7400. I connected my pc my screen has a VGA LCD for watching movies but for a better quality I wanted to go to HDMI so I bought a VGA / DVI cable and a DVI / HDMI but the problem is that I was no picture when I go to the HDMI channel on my tv or sound but the sound is not the image problem is the most important.