Thread: HDCP is not working through HDMI on Foxconn G45m-s motherboard

HDCP is not working through HDMI on Foxconn G45m-s motherboard

I am using Foxconn G45m-s motherboard to play Blu Ray movies. I can play movies on my HDTV monitor but if I try it on BD Advisor tool, I can have digital connection but not the HDCP. I tried playing some movies with the help of PowerDVD and it works. This clearly indicates that this is not relater to my system unable to play the blu ray movies. I am completely blank why my HDCP is left unrecognized. I even tried turning on the HDA settings, selected HDMI connection but in vain. Can anyone help me in this matter?

Re: HDCP is not working through HDMI on Foxconn G45m-s motherboard

It seems to be a driver issue. You forget mentioning the most important part, your graphics card and operating system. First of all try installing the latest drivers from both Foxconn and from the Intel detection website. If required you can even check drivers required specific for your graphics card on the manufacturer's site.

I tried upgrading to the latest drivers from all the sites that you have mentioned but nothing worked. I have HD4850 CF graphics card and running Windows Vista on my computer. Does anyone know about this problem? Do I need to buy a separate graphics card just to get this functionality working? I do not understand why only the HDCP is not working on my computer, however everything else works as it is expected.

Don't you have the d-sub? HDCP requires the digital connection, and if you are using a dvi to d-sub adapter then it will not work. You can try out by unplugging the d-sub connection, and see if you find any changes. Also, make sure you aren't in the clone mode. If it is then unplug it.

No there is no d-sub, it only has two DVI. I have DVD to DVI setup on HDCP compatible monitor. I am on Dual view mode. I have also discussed about the same with Foxconn support but they recommended me to purchase a new high voltage power supply. I don't think that can create such a problem. Is it?

I would suggest you to get AnyDVD installed on your computer in order to use HTPC on your computer. AnyDVD eliminates all the HDCP problems that you have noticed until now. It does not matter what monitor or graphics card you have, and also if it supports HDCP; you can still play your Bluray movies easily.