Thread: Catalyst Overdrive tabs not working after installing Catalyst 10.6

Catalyst Overdrive tabs not working after installing Catalyst 10.6

I have been using Catalyst 10.5 since its release and never had any problems. But since I have installed the latest version of Catalyst 10.6, I somehow have missed Catalyst OverDrive tab getting into work. I tried removing it from Safe Mode and setup the drivers to VGA mode and then rebooted the computer in normal mode, I am still unable to use Overdrive tabs. When I try to use it via Catalyst Control Center, it shows me Unlocked and shows me "Enable ATi Overdrive" which already have a tick mark on the checkbox. On the contrary if I rollback the drivers to the older version, no such problem occurs. Am the only one who is facing such kind of problem or is there anyone else having this issue?

Re: Catalyst Overdrive tabs not working after installing Catalyst 10.6

No you are not the one who is having the problem with overdrive tabs, in fact I am having this problem with both the Catalyst drivers (i.e. 10.5 and 10.6). In my case I am unable to unlock the overdrive tabs. The weird part that is frustrating me is that these are the 2 consecutive drivers that I am unable to run properly and it is giving the same problem to me. Can anyone help me in this matter?

The same thing happened to me and I consulted with the AMD company and they asked me to provide a lot of reports. I was quiet sure that it was not because of that, but due to the catalyst drivers that I have installed recently. I am having dual 5830 setup. I am also in doubt if it is due to I have Mobility card.

I also tried to consult with AMD and they said its because of BIOS modification which is the main reason why Catalyst Control Center is not allowing you to activate the Overdrive tab. This is the funniest explanation that I got. I didn't expected such an answer from the company guy. I suppose there is some serious bug in the Catalyst drivers which the company is not ready to accept in front of the people.

It seems to be Windows is utilizing the older version of your graphic drivers upon restart. Did you performed an update of Catalyst 10.6 over the older version, or you installed it by first removing it completely? I think you have to uninstall completely all your previous graphic drivers from your computer and then perform a fresh installation of it. Do not worry, this is very common problem and you will be able to solve.