Thread: No picture on LG projection TV Screen.

No picture on LG projection TV Screen.

I have a flat screen projection TV from LG Electronics and it is few years old. All the works normally, but few weeks ago the screen is giving problem. At first it will turn black, and close it off. But as time goes on, the screen will stay out longer black; blacken, until it reaches the point of staying blackened. This is not entirely black, it is not just a picture, this is a blank, like a static picture, but it is static. The sound is still valid, but it is still open and close, but with the picture problem. Any ideas related to this no picture on LG projection TV Screen?

Re: No picture on LG projection TV Screen.

My LG tv gives me more dim image the button on the TV is normal red, then we can here hear the click of the relay but the image is cannot be seen. Do you have an idea? Because I do not have any idea at all, I just thought the repairing will cost 130euros but the pb mixer image seems to me something like distorted image.
    In advance thank you for your help.

I will suggest you to use multi-meter and the ohm-meter function and control the junctions in all directions to detect short circuits and leakage. It is simple but requires a little knowledge in this field. If you have a little know how about this field then you can definitely find out the exact problem you are having, but if you cannot then it will be better to give it for repair.

I just disassemble the transistor Q401, I tested this link Accordance and the result is one that appears with a small battery in the upper left multi-metre. There are two kinds of transistors conventionally, NPN and PNP, the difference is the provision of internal junctions. An NPN transistor works in the base B to the collector C and emitter E, so that a PNP that is the opposite.
    To find out where the base, simply use our multimeter in diode test function and to the red on one leg and then try to plug black. If you get the positive result then you are having an NPN configuration of the first frame.

Writing fact that I have tested on the TV, Ohm can be seen 200k ohm on the ohmmeter
    Up the middle = 134.2
    Up to right = 183.8
    Ohm 20M ohm meter on
    Up the middle = 5.50
    It was right = 5.84
    I have to change this transistor or not?
    I can change what exactly that might settle the pb?