Thread: No picture can be seen on flat panel TV but has sound.

No picture can be seen on flat panel TV but has sound.

I have the TV from my uncle the screen stays black with the front LED remains red. You can hear the relay stuck but the LED remains red, the back of the tube is barely lit and then turns off after about twenty seconds with a quick flash on the front of the tube.

The TV is a Philips 29 PT O chassis 5324/01R A8 0E.

In short no picture can be seen on flat panel TV but has sound.
    Thank you in advance for any help or information that may help in troubleshooting.

Re: No picture can be seen on flat panel TV but has sound.

If you are getting the following kind of breakdown:
    The TV do not starts (the LED flashes) and / or slow start then you can refer the following solutions

Replace capacitor C2937 / a 10μF 100μF
    Add a 63v capacitor of 1uF / 16V / position 2936.
    Change resistance R3955 / 220K with a 4.7 K

I hope this may solve your problem but for you must have some technical knowledge about it.

It seems to me that this kind of TV, the LED stays red anyway, and it is the brightness that it determines the position in which the TV is kind stand by or function. This would make me think of the picture tube, you tried to gently tapping the neck of the tube with the handle of a screwdriver when the TV is on. But I am not confident about it.

I think my failure is not quite the same because the LED does not blink at all in my case. There is any need to try this solution anyway (changing all these components).

Is the tube is HS? Knowing that I have static on the front when I turn on the TV, the tube lights on the back, I hear that after 30 seconds it returns to standby.

Regarding the LED, probably due to changes in the LED brightness is according to the state of sleep or work.

I tried the solution tapping on the neck of the tube but it did not work. The only thing I got is the flash on the screen when switching to standby after about thirty seconds. I also tried your solution to push the G2 (screen) fully and suddenly the screen is yellow with a kind of coil inside and then goes to sleep as before.
    Is this a good sign for the future?

Is there any quick solution for my problem? I have shot the G2 and I am getting the yellow screen that means the tube is defective. Is there any need to change the tube because if I do it will not worth the cost. I have also tried the solutions that are mentioned in the above reply but nothing has worked for me till now.

I have a flat screen TV and it suffering with problem. I have sound but no picture and the problem is that I know nothing is to say about it. I have not gone through the manual so I do not know much detail related to it. Actually I wanted to know if I am going to give it for repair then what will be the approximate cost for that because if it cannot be resolved that it will better to buy a new one.