Thread: LG 42 inch Plasma TV goes off continously

LG 42 inch Plasma TV goes off continously

I have a 42 inch LG Plasma TV which is going on and off again and again. I turn the same on and suddenly after 5 seconds it goes off and then comes backs again. It is like blinking. I tried to check out the settings of my cables but that does not work. I think there is some inner fault in the TV. I am fed up with TV right now. I will see if this works or else I will go for a new one. Which are some nice good plasma TV.

Re: LG 42 inch Plasma TV goes off continously

I have a similar issue in my TV. The TV goes off repeatedly. If there was any power supply fault then the TV must not work at all. But it turns on and then goes back again. Again when move the cable and press the power button hard it comes back but there is no sound. I think I too have to now change my TV. My model is much older and now I am not in a mood of repairing this.

Check all the fuses and change the power outlet. You can also try to change the power cable of the same. This can be a power fault as your tv is working properly but it is goes on and off. You can show the same to a service center and check out what is the matter. There is small power unit on the TV set which regulates the current. That part is damaged I think.

There can be a short circuit between the beginning. That can be between the start-up signal on the board or the power supply. Have you checked properly that your power button is not stucked. The TV has gone under protection mode to avoid some further damage. You will have to send the same for repairing. Don't try to fiddle with the settings there can be more damage.

If your TV is under warranty then you can send the same to service center. I am using a LG RZ42PX5R TV. I had just purchased the same some weeks ago. This 42-inch HD offers video processing as well as shock bonus two memory card slots. The speakers here are located on both sides of the screen that can rotate on the table which gives you nice look.

I too have a LG TV of similar model. It gives 1024 x 768 pixels resolution which is quiet high. This plasma panel has the ultimate in video processing and consequently offers a high contrast ratio. Starting with its two slots for memory card which is located on the right side of the TV so that you can directly view your video and photos from your Memory Stick, D Picture Card, SD Card, etc.

It is nice to find out that a plasma tv is equipped with a memory card slot. So that you can directly catch images from your digital camera and then view the same on your TV screen directly. I think it also reads MultiMediaCard and Smart Media. It is really best that you can hear MP3 files recorded on cards inserted. I will try out the same if my TV is dead.