Thread: Black Screen on LG 42 inch Plasma TV

Black Screen on LG 42 inch Plasma TV

I have a 42 inch LCD Plasma TV which I am using for a long time. This time I had tried to connect my HDTV to a home theater system. I had added a GPU which supports HDTV output. I had tried to check all the connections and everything but nothing works here. I am planing to change out this TV set and get a new one. What you suggest for the same in similar size. Thanks

Re: Black Screen on LG 42 inch Plasma TV

I will recommend you to first send the TV for repair. You can do that by sending the same to the nearest customer care center. Once you show the TV there then you will know weather it can be repaired or not. There are various other brand where you try out. That can be done by judging the quality of the image itself. In that both Pioneer and Panasonic topped with a small advantage for Pioneer in contrast and color.

That is right. Try to send that TV to repair. There can some hardware fault. And if the same can be repaired then you does need to buy a new one. I have a similar TV of another brand which stopped working last night. I was not able to see any picture but on the same hand the sound was working. It took some fixes from the service center and not it is working.

If you try to use the latest HDTV's on a HTPC then that will be much easier as compare to the older models. There are lots of setups and cables required in older matter and there is simply no guarantee weather ti works or not. I have a LG HDTV which has direct video output which I connect to my PC and see the display on the screen without any hassle. Search for some better models.

If you re planning to for a new one then you can look for models in Samsung and LG. They are one of the top brands. If we talk about the quality of video processing then in that both Pioneer and LG rocks where Philips and Panasonic also comes in the line. But they are a bit little behind as compare to the above brands. So that depends on your choice which you want to buy.

The best thing I like in Hitachi is the connectivity. I had added a Pioneer PDP-436XDE media receiver to the TV and the entire Home Theater system is ready instantly. There is very less to do when you have a Hitachi HDTV which is made as per the needs of today. Once thing you must note down that only Philips and Pioneer are equipped with a integrate digital tuner.

Basically you can go for a repair. Nothing more can be done in that. If that is a older model tv then it is better to decide for new models. There are now various models in the market. They offers you high resolution pictures and video quality. It is quiet necessary that you strictly judge the HDTV's by their resolution and the different sizes and features provided in each of them.