Thread: Facing problem in Eyefinity setup on Radeon with V-Sync

Facing problem in Eyefinity setup on Radeon with V-Sync

I am working on a clients computer. he has 2x5970 GPU setup on his system. He was first running 3 monitors and now he has switched to 2 19 inch samsung monitors. Now to tune up the system I had noticed that here is some performance related issue with the Eyefinity setup. I am also having the same in issue in V sync. I am not getting the exact thing which I needed. I need some help here for the same. And also a little bit of comparison 5800 and 5970 on crossfire. Thanks.

Re: Facing problem in Eyefinity setup on Radeon with V-Sync

It is necessary that the cards and driver must be properly configured specially in the case of Eyefinity setup. The best way to fix this it update your Catalyst control center first. The newest version of the same provides you latest bugs fixes on the drivers update. It is necessary that you must see all the monitor display on the control panel from where you can fix the display.

I had noticed that my FPS has dropped down. Here is my rig details. I have ATI Radeon 5970 x 2 on crossfire with Intel Core i7 processor. Other than I have a Asus motherboard support with 6GB Corsair Ram. After connecting everything I am using V-sync and Crossfire to get a better resolution on COD. But fps has simply capped at 120 fps on 60 Hrz of Eyefinity mode.

First try to disable the Catalyst drivers and then configure your monitor on V-sync. I think the CrossFireX is an useless support. I believe just connecting the monitors and using a simple Window settings to use the monitors. There are tons of bugs that waste your time. There performance issue is always an issue on CrossFire. Use single at a time to avoid much complications.

The 5970 is already a very powerful card, a crossfire of two of his card is sure that will not work in collaboration on old systems. I have used a Core i7 920 at 3.8Ghz with 6 Giga of DDR3 and a hard disk of Seagate 300GB and all work under Windows 7. The least I can say that the gains in the GPU are best for single pc gaming and facilities provide on the CPU is limited.

Check out first that your system has enough power drawn for your system. It is necessary that all must work in harmony in your system. The CrossFire system equivalent to the Radeon HD 5970 is actually more efficient. You can only assume that when you connect the two GPUs in the system via a switch and a single PCI Express, there are some limitation.

There is one question which confuses me is that does the two are capable to handle too much heat and load. It seems that the water cooling is needed in this case. 300 W dissipation is more than double the TDP Core i7 (130w), which generally has a good sized cooler. The heat balance is not good. The greatest part is that it can operate at 125 ° C but the chemical capacitors will not exceed 105 ° C, even for high-end capacitors.