Thread: BSOD on Eyefinity setup while playing World of Warcraft

BSOD on Eyefinity setup while playing World of Warcraft

I had just finished up with my Eyefinity setup and BSOD appeared. I have purchased 2x ATI Radeon 5870 card which is added to my 24 inch Samsung Monitor. I had setup 3 monitors of identical models. After configuring everything properly I installed World of Warcraft. The game worked well for some few levels in the starting and after that I am getting random BSOD. This only happens on the game or else everything works fine.

Re: BSOD on Eyefinity setup while playing World of Warcraft

There is somewhat similar issue in my system also. I have two monitor setup on my system. I am getting blue screen on COD. But when I run a single monitor nothing happens. But the scene is different on my friends system. He is playing Blur and for hours his system does not crash. I had updated my Windows display driver. I did the same with ATI cards also.

That can be due to some incompatible hardware in your system. Just make sure that your PCIE slots on your motherboard are working well. Have you checked your motherboard configuration for the crossfire setup. Second best option for you is run Windows update first. If there is any critical system issue then Microsoft will provide you some better updates.

What you could all do is uninstall all the software problems with Revo Uninstaller using advanced cleaning. In fact when you uninstall software, it is still leaves small pieces of files scattered all over the computer. And Revo Uninstaller uninstall clear up the system to any depth that help to make a relocation healthy. After that re-install al the things back again. The blue screen could be due to system conflicts.

I think the setup you have done is not compatible. The Blue Screen is an OS related error. It occurs when some hardware in your system is not able to properly communicate or work with the activities of your operating system. So here you can try to check out first which hardware is causing the matter. That can be your graphic card also. See weather the same is heating or not.

If it's a software issue or driver then there is a strong chance that you back up all your the files before the system crashes completely. I had exactly the same problem blue screen in vista, I just formatted my HDD and move on windows 7. I had added some additional ram stick on my pc. Both belongs to a different company and frequency which was causing this issue.

Download and burn the Windows Recovery Console 7. This will help you to recover your system. After that Click on Start > Run and type eventvwr.msc hit enter. Now expand Event Viewer \ Windows Logs \ System. Identify the previous error messages in date (They have a red dot). Right click on it then left click on Properties from the event. It has valuable information here about the nature of an incident involving the reason for a blue screen. You can go through that to get the exact cause of system crash.