Thread: How to fix group setup issue on Eyefinity

How to fix group setup issue on Eyefinity

I am not able to setup a group of monitors in my system. I am right now using Windows 7. I have three monitors right now which are connected to a DisplayPort. I also have the latest Catalyst control center on my system. It shows me all the three PC. When I select a monitor then the control center offers me to choose create group and then layout. I am not getting three of them at once. My graphic card is Radeon 5870.

Re: How to fix group setup issue on Eyefinity

First thing you must ensure that all the 3 monitor which you are using must be identical. This is very helpful in Eyefinity configuration. Second thing do not try to add a different resolution for each and every monitor. This will never provide you a good display. Usually the card determines a optimum output for your monitors when plugged properly in your system.

There is a similar issue with my system. I have Windows 7 64 bit system with Radeon 5770 card. The catalyst version which I am using is 10.1 and now I am planing to install 10.2. I have 3 Samsung monitors which are right now set on 1600x1200 output resolution. In my case also I am getting only 1x2 or 2x1 option to provide the display instead of 1x3 or 3x1.

What are you using for your Samsung monitor. I mean to say about the display port. I am sure that his monitors does not have a DisplayPort. Instead of that you might be using a Active DisplayPort to DVI Adapter which is causing the issue. This can be for the one of monitors you are using. It is important that your monitors must be identical in connection.

Eyefinity setup is really messy. I thought just connection all the cards and cable properly this will work well on my system. But the now the issue arise out for drivers and resolution. I have no idea how to deal with this. Hopefully I got a solution on forums which states me to change the DisplayPort. And that worked in my case. Check for that in your system also.

I think this might be possible if you can switch to Catalyst 10.2. Second this the Eyefinity mode also depends on your graphic card. The model which you are using right now. I am looking for some better example for eyefinity setup. I will recommend you to go through some videos which can guide you for the proper setup and also try to use the display adapter you get with ATI.

You guys are stuck in 3 display out where in my case 2 display is a nightmare. I had just planned that I can use up my old monitor for some better purpose. I have a 5870 2G card which is quiet nice in performance if played on single mode. It states 2 display support where there is no need to add up a adapter. I prefer to have a active adapter here but still I am not yet successes.