Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2010

ATI Radeon HD 4870x2 Fan not working

Recently when I am playing my games (world of warcraft, Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2) I have been getting PC collapse where it presently shuts itself off subsequent to a big lag spike. Subsequent to a lot of monitoring I noticed that it?s almost certainly the temperature in view of the fact that it goes up to 110 degrees which is a bit too high. I in addition noticed presently previous to it collapse my card fan shuts itself off making my card overheat and collapse predictable. Besides this I in addition noticed my ShaderClock in MSi Afterburner is not obtainable and shadows in games by no means runs properly. In world of warcraft it tends to create the shadows flikker similar to its having an epileptic attack. What can I do to solve this problem.
Old 05-06-2010

Re: ATI Radeon HD 4870x2 Fan not working

In addition the entire that I moreover noticed that MHz monitored in ASUS AI SUITE keeps jumping from 0332.9 x 09.0 to 0332.9 x 06.0 even though it is configured to be 09.0 this is a difficulty in view of the fact that it gives screen tearing in games even with perpendicular sync on I tried putting it to 06.0 but it merely reduces the occurrence on how numerous times I observe screen tearing but does not fix the difficulty. And to top it the entire off I in addition encompass random squares in my screen or small graphical errors the entire in excess of my screen going nuts though it?s merely a few and on random parts of my screen I consideration it might tranquil be worth mentioning. Though it does attach itself if I refresh my screen or alt+tab.
Old 05-06-2010

The Shader Clock is merely appropriate to nVidia cards where the shaders work at a dissimilar speed than the core speed. Jumping CPU speed is caused by Cool N Quiet, which means the CPU is not being loaded that seriously, so I recommend when working MW2 to modify the power profile to High presentation to turn off the C&Q function. Try creating 2 profiles in CCC, one with 75% fan speed and the additional with mechanical fan speed, assign them to hotkeys, and previous to you start a game load the 75% profile, and when you are completed load the involuntary.
Old 05-06-2010

I tried the things you supposed and at my game has not crashed yet subsequent to 1 and a half hours of playing MW2. Despite the fact that what came to my concentration is that my fan tranquil maintain working at 100% even though I am using ati overdrive to arrange it physically. And the temperature is tranquil attractive high (105 degrees standard) at the same time as playing.
Old 05-06-2010

I encompass the similar difficulty: My temperature is 106 degrees when I play games with 100% fan speed. (110 when I play Crysis). I do not be familiar with what to do: It's impracticable to play with these lags and graphical errors in excess of the screen. When I play dissimilar games the system determine to freeze subsequent to regarding 1 1/2 hours of play. I have ati 4870x2. Over heating is not a problem for the reason that my system case is open with a big fan pointed at it. Also I turned up the CCC ATI fan to 70 %. As a consequence the temp does not go on top of 50 C.
Old 06-06-2010

Something is not steady on your rig. The majority chances are that it's moreover the memory or the CPU. Apparently you do not over clock so I determine to assume the difficulty is the memory arrangement. Did you position your memory voltage and timings as particular. Are the entire your memory dimms the similar create and model. If your voltage and timing is set to "Auto" then it's almost certainly not ok. You determine to encompass to physically set the voltage according to your memory specs. If everything's arranged correctly, try removing 2-3 dimms and observe what occurs.
Old 08-06-2010

A hard lockup frequently points to a PSU that does not distribute voltage in spec under load. On an additional make a note of, why do you encompass 8GB of RAM installed with a 32-bit OS. You are fortunate if you are using 3GB of it, due to the graphics memory sucking up address space. I got the similar problem. Subsequent to 1 hour and a half or sometimes less, my system freezes on 3d submission and games using. Necessitate a physical reboot and subsequent to that, during more than a few boots, my Sapphire 4870x2 is not detected on my P6T sumptuous.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , ,