Thread: Problem with Ati CCC and .Net Framework 3.5 on XP

Problem with Ati CCC and .Net Framework 3.5 on XP

I have installed 32 bit Windows XP on my computer system and has an amd x2 dual core 6400 with an ati radion hd 3870. There is 4 Gb RAM support. Actually since i have installed the 3.5 version of .NET Framework, I am not able to use the Catalyst Control Center as it is not launching on startup and not even if i try it manually. It was working without any problem along with the .Net Framework 2.0.

Re: Problem with Ati CCC and .Net Framework 3.5 on XP

I think you were using this Ati CCC with the .Net Framework 2.0 which was working without any problem and now you have installed the new version of .Net Framework which is a 3.5. I think in which order you installs the program also matters so i suggest you to uninstall the .Net Framework first then uninstall the CCC and begin installing with the .Net Framework first then install CCC and check that is it working or not.

I have given some steps which you have to follow in order to make .Net 3.5 as well as ATI CCC working on your Windows XP.
    1. First uninstall all the things that are related to an ATI.
    2. then uninstall all the things that are related to .NET Framework.
    3. Now restart your computer.
    4. Use Ccleaner.
    5. Again Restart you PC.
    6. Now begin with installing the .NET Framework 3.5.
    7. Reboot and check for updates.
    8. Now install the latest Catalyst 9.12 hotfix.

I have seen it on some forum that the latest version of an ATI CCC does not works with the latest version of the .Net Framework and you have use only 2.0 version of the .Net Framework to make it working with that of Ati's CCC. I suggest you to install the bit older version of .Net Framework on your windows xp system and check whether both of them are working or not.

Even if the 2.0 version does not works with the ATI CCC then i guess you should uninstall any of them as there is no problem has been seen yet between the working of both of them. There could be something related to the drivers which you have installed. Actually the drivers would be okay but it is just like that you have to reinstall them so that it start supporting the new program which you have installed recently.

There is not problem for uninstalling the .Net Framework from my computer system but the problem is that i cannot reinstall it 100% as i do not have a proper back up for installing it. So i would be glad to have some other option for solving this problem. I am using windows vista computer system and i have taken the back up of all the software but as i have got this operating system recently, I have not back up for .Net Framework. All the back up has been gone by uninstalling the XP.

I suggest you to install .Net Framework 2.0 on which your ATI Catalyst Control Center was working. Actually the .Net Framework has been never made based on an ATI Catalyst Control Center versions so it might happen that some version of the .Net Framework does not works with an ATI's CCC. But Ati CCC needs .Net Framework and it would be asking for the specific version.