Thread: Only PCIE 16x and PCIE 8x slot available for crossfire

Only PCIE 16x and PCIE 8x slot available for crossfire

My motherboard got 2x PCIE 16x and 1x PCIE 8x slots. But for the reason that I a moment ago installed my music Xtreme soundcard there is not sufficient space to put together Graphics cards into a 16x slot. So the merely alternative I encompass is to insert one into a 16x and the additional into an 8x slot. I keep in mind the tech guy telling me I am supposed to put together cards into the 16x slot. Well so previous to I do anything I would like to be familiar with what my most excellent alternative.

Re: Only PCIE 16x and PCIE 8x slot available for crossfire

You have to get a most important board with x2 x16 slots where you are able to utilize them without the soundcard getting in the method. It would not actually matter working them @ x16/x8 in a PCIe 2.0 system. That card would not max out a PCIe 2.0 x 8 slots. So you say that the presentation determine to be the similar as when together were in x16. Oh and determine to you have to modify anything in BIOS or something.

Well, x16/x16 are most favorable but I do not think you determine to be losing much, if any, presentation by working them in an x16/x8 arrangement. The BIOS settings presently create certain that the 1st Display is set to the PCIe not PCI or onboard etc. It might be something similar to mine called - 1st Display = PEG ( PciE Graphics ). Read the physical to be certain of several alternatives which might necessitate adjusting. As for the rest, the most important board be supposed to observe mutually cards and work them at the right speeds of x16/x8, you be able to authenticate that with GPUz and via the "Hardware Information" tab in CCC.

The correct thing for you to do is obtain out your sound card, and test together x16/x16 and x16/x8 arrangement for presentation dissimilarity. Then you are able to make a decision whether the dissimilarity (if detectable) is additional significant to you than the sound card. My guess is that the presentation determines to be dissimilar in at least a small number of games, but not sufficient to create you ditch your sound card (and contrary to what a lot of people say today, onboard sound is unquestionably substandard to a decent add-in board, even today).

I have the similar opinion with even though; I might be a bit prejudiced on this. When I was looking for my motherboard, it came down to the Asus Crosshair III, MSI 790FX-GD70, and the Gigabyte GA-790FX-UD5. I imagine it was a small number of things that sold me on the Asus - it had a superior slot layout (I did not feel the necessitate to encompass additional than two PCIe x16 slots), the sound 'card' is detachable, so I put my Auzen X-Fi forte in there as an alternative, it has eSATA, is one of the a small number of AMD boards with an exterior CMOS reset button, etc. It was an amalgamation of things.

With my present motherboard, the PCIe slot is unswervingly underneath my HD 4850. My GPU gets so hot, that it would toast several sound cards that I put in that slot. How is the slot layout on the CHIII. Does it disappear a fair deal of space connecting the PCIe x16 slots and the slots that a sound card would generally fit into. And are the Two PCIe x16 slots PCIe x16 2.0, or 1.0. The HD 5xxx sequence graphics cards are PCIe x16 2.1, what's the dissimilarity.

What is in addition pleasant is that there is a single slot width connecting the two video cards this way the fan intake is not blocked. If a solitary video card is used, a PCIe sound card is installed in the bottom slot, so, it determines to be quite far from the video card. In addition, regarding PCIe 2.1, I suspect it might encompass something to do with PCIe 3.0 when it come out (i.e. PCIe 2.1 is probable companionable with PCIe 3.0, but merely runs at PCIe 2.0 speeds). For those working a PCI sound card, there is merely one place you be able to install it. And, it determines to be below your top video card. For PCIe sound cards, they are able to be installed in the bottom slot (assuming a dual slot video card blocks the additional PCIe x1 slot, or it is able to be installed in the black PCIe x1 slot at the extremely top. In view of the fact that I am working two HD5870's, I encompass my X-Fi Forte in the extremely top PCIe x1 slot and have had no troubles working it in that slot, and perceptibly, the video cards are in the PCIe x16 slots. With this layout, my sound card merely sits on top of my upper HD5870.