Thread: ATI Radeon HD 4870X2 BSOD and Artifacts

ATI Radeon HD 4870X2 BSOD and Artifacts

I'm having a problem with my 4870X2 graphics card on the following machine :
    Intel C2Q Q9650 @ 3ghz
    6Gb DDR II
    Windows 7 Family Premium 64b
    ATI CCC 4.10
    Yesterday I was playing Battlefield, when the screen displayed a "no signal" and the computer crashed, I rebooted and everything worked properly as before. But today I wanted to run GTA IV logos and buggy I saw artifacts appear and then the computer crashed, like on Splinter Cell, I have not tested other games. Unable to start a game, it crashes immediately or after one minute penalty. I re-download ATI drivers 4.10 I started the installation but I have not watched the progress of the installation, and when I returned the computer was on a Blue screen of death with the ATI file question. Can anyone know the solution for this problem.?

Re: ATI Radeon HD 4870X2 BSOD and Artifacts

I would like to suggest you to install the latest drivers for the Radeon HD 4870X2. Because the problems like the BSOD and Artifacts occur usually when the drivers a re not updated properly. So it would be better to install the new drivers. If that is not working then before taking any major step, try to run the disk cleaner or Anit-virus. Also try to boot your GPU once again.!!

While installing the drivers, at the same time if you read a bit before you install anything you would see that it is advisable not to install them if you encounter problems corrected by this patch, as each hotfix. I feel that I can not install the X300 drivers because Windows XP overwrites the backup (most recent). If you are using the CCC, then increase anisotropic filtering, the Met has 16x. Hope that will help you.!!

By cons double-sided display with Catalyst 8.8, it is a wound, it already starts on the screen they want, even after starting the system when you plug the second screen, the drivers switch alone without its one is not asked and cutting off the primary screen to boot, after some random settings without knowing why it still manages to stabilize things I have a problem and I do not know if it's PowerDVD 7.3 (comes with a LG GGC-H20L), I had no problem with a X1950 Pro on bluray or HD-DVD is that the video (even for the DVD but to a lesser extent) is completely at the picks: artifacts, streaks ....

On first sight the Catalyst 9.8 Does not Deliver Anything Beside The new interface overhauled That has-beens Introduced with Catalyst 9.7, the goal in Notes Release Notes AMD massive performance improvement for Crossfire and CrossfireX setups, Especially In CPU limited scenes. Benefits of 7 percent in Crysis Warhead DX10 mode and up to 50 percent in Far Cry 2 (DX 10 too) for dual GPU cards Almost sound too good to Be true.

I think the card has a manufacturing defect after a good week of attempts :
    • I did all the updates of Windows XP, then I installed the card. After installing the driver, I have a glassy screen and XP stuck at startup.
    • I put back the Ghost image of Windows XP to disable all tests worse then I did all the updates of Windows XP and installed SP3, then I installed the card. After installing the driver, I have a glassy screen and XP stuck at startup.
    • I formatted Windows XP reinstall new. I then had a glassy screen and XP blocked startup.
    • I formatted to install Windows Vista from scratch. I then had an all black screen and Vista stuck at boot.

I tried lot of things but didn't worked for me.