Thread: Athlon 64 X2 Windows 7 'no coprocessor driver present'

Athlon 64 X2 Windows 7 'no coprocessor driver present'

I have presently installed Windows 7 64bit on my system (Athlon 64 X2 6400+ with Biostar TF8200 MBoard 4gig Ram). The entire come into view to run extremely well but on examination the Device Manager, Win 7 point toward there is no co-processor driver present. I encompass read elsewhere on this discussion that Athlon 64 X2 drivers & cool n quiet are together built into win 7 (be it 2006 versions or descriptions). Is this being deficient in of driver going to cause troubles or is it presently a demonstration of Micro sifts wonderful innovative toy. If you know any information about the above topic then you can post you reply here.

Re: Athlon 64 X2 Windows 7 'no coprocessor driver present'

Your 7850 does not necessitate a driver to run appropriately. If you are working on XP and you desire to take benefit of Cool & Quiet. Then you can install the AMD dual core processor driver. Then you have to facilitate Cool & Quiet in the bios. After going to the Under Control Panel, Power Options, choose Minimal Power Management Vista previously has the driver pre-installed into the operating system. Similar to I said on top of, this is the merely reason that you would necessitate the processor driver.

The co-processor for nvidia based boards has to do by means of the SMU buss driver for Sata ATA buss. The strength installs the SMU driver for the windows 7 pack. The whole thing went smooth and running not including for the following: Nvidia MCP78 VGA Driver (Win64) NVDIA Display Driver (winxp64) when I work the set-up for together, my system reboots in the middle and nothing is installed.

My set-up previously encompasses an HD4890 in the PCIe slot and I have installed the driver for this and its running. But I in addition desire to install the driver for the 8200GT on board so that I be able to encompass multiple displays running ( 2 display from HD4890 + 2 displays from on board 8200GT ) I previously set the graphics in the BIOS to facilitate together and I be able to observe them in the apparatus manager. But each time I work the two display drivers on top of, my system reboots as stated. I tried physically updating the coprocessor driver and pointing to the folders of the two on top of drivers, but the result is the similar. It enters into set up then reboots the system in the middle.

This is what I encompass in mind. I determine to uninstall the HD4890 first, install the Nvidia drivers and observe if they determine to install productively. Then I determine to reinstall the HD4890, I determine to bring up to date the consequences asap. For info, I used to encompass GF Boost running with an 8500GT disconnected and Vista observes the onboard 8200+discrete 8500 as 8600GT. But this was in Vista32 bit. It’s completely innovative familiarity for me for XP 64.

I detached my HD4890 and try to install the driver for the IGP and it was victorious. On the other hand, the co-processor remainder with question mark in the apparatus manager so it does not fix the difficulty. So it come into view that there is actually missing Win XP 64 bit driver from the ECS Website. So I actually necessitate getting from HarvesterFan (the original poster) the driver he found. Edit: ECS Posted auto set up for drivers for Win XP 64. I coalesce the entire in the past released drivers. This works okay and resolved the co-processor problem. Used the similar auto set up driver for Win 7 (even though it states it’s for XP) and this in addition resolved the co-processor problem. But tranquil have to observe how steady this determines to be.

It did work. After being capable to install ECS recently posted drivers, together the GF8200 and the HD4890 come into view under apparatus manager. I am able to set comprehensive desktop with most important display on the GF8200 and less important on the HD4890 or vice versa. There is even opportunity to encompass 3rd display by connecting an additional monitor to the HD4890 2nd DVI port but presently I do not encompass 3rd monitor. The difficulty solved & I got what I required.