Thread: suggestion for upgrading GPU of HP TouchSmart 600-1000t desktop PC

suggestion for upgrading GPU of HP TouchSmart 600-1000t desktop PC

Hi, at my residence I have HP TouchSmart 600-1000t desktop PC and in that I have currently GEForce 200 graphic card that I wanted to upgrade from last couple of months but I am quite unaware about such computer peripheral thus please recommend me some of the good model of GPU’s that I can install in the machine.

And when I was surfing the internet for the same I came to know that compatibility is the major issue which was the sentence which made me more confused about the different models. Thus any recommendation would be surely appreciated.

Re: suggestion for upgrading GPU of HP TouchSmart 600-1000t desktop PC

I am not getting why you wanted to get another GPU for the machine? Because the thing is like the one you have already gotten in the machine is quite good with its performance, isn’t it? And if suppose you are having any problem with that machine than you can have too many solution for the same rather than changing the whole hardware.

See I would like to tell you that you should get NVIDIA GeForce GT230 for your machine as this would be the best suitable for your machine. I have the same machine with this hardware and it runs all the highly qualified software and the games that needs superior graphic card. In fact I have mentioned some of the feature of the same hardware so that you can have better idea.

Feature:
    1. Interface: PCI Express x16

2. Maximum resolution: 1920x1080 at 60 Hz

3. 1 GB onboard memory

4. Supports Blu-ray and HD DVD up to 1080p

5. Supports HDCP

you can have option to go through any graphic card buying guide before having any particular hardware, because see each and every person over here have some suggestions rather recommendation but that’s not enough as we should have idea about almost various product. So from that guide you’ll get idea about various different products with their proper description and the specification. From there only you can have option to get the comparison between any two hardware’s.

And still apart from this there are multiple factors that we need to take care about such as,

Getting the right balance with the current hardware:
    How much RAM is too much?
    Future physics:
    SLI or Crossfire:

can you please tell us which kind of port your machine is having actually. I mean to say,

- PCI or
    - AGP or
    - PCI Express.

Because it is quite necessary to have information regarding the same before I recommend you any models.

I am not sure whether the one that I have mentioned is compatible with your machine or not but still you can ask about the compatibility from the service center,

• ATI Radeon 2900 series card

• 512MB NVIDIA GeForce G210 [DVI, HDMI, VGA]

• 1GB ATI Radeon HD 4650 [DVI, HDMI, VGA]

• 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 [DVI, HDMI, VGA]

• 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 [2 DVI, HDMI and VGA adapters]

• 1GB ATI Radeon HD 4850 [2 DVI, HDMI and VGA adapters]

I would like to tell you that you should try to contact the HP support center for the same query, because see they have very good expertise persons who will surely recommend you some good hardware for your machine.

See the actual thing is like if you seen any model from here and if you pick that to your place and if something went wrong them it would not be replaceable thus It is quite better to contact them.

hey thanks for the suggestion guys as I think contacting the HP service center would be best option, because they’ll only suggest me the best one.

Thanks once again.