Thread: XFX Radeon HD 4650 AGP Wont let me install DRIVERS!

XFX Radeon HD 4650 AGP Wont let me install DRIVERS!

I have recently purchased the XFX Radeon HD 4650 AGP. After installing this device on my system i was trying to install drivers but i was not able to install the driver on my system. SO finally i decided to take help from the forum. I have been using windows 7 running on my desktop. Is their i am missing something. Please help me o get rid of this problem i would appreciate your help pertaining to this matter.

Re: XFX Radeon HD 4650 AGP Wont let me install DRIVERS!

After all at last i somehow managed to install my graphics card and its drivers taking from the drivers on the MSI website ( http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?f...e&dno=6281&i=0) because by taking on those ATI's website or those included with the CD install, I was not allowed to install the drivers on my system. After installing the driver from the MSI website all my driver problem have been resolved. So i would suggest you to do the same. Hope you too will get the fix.

I think we have the same card msi radeon 2600 pro agp have you managed to make it work properly install drivers because you do it but I think you're kind of the same problems no 3d acceleration, direct draw problem of under dxdiag. I'm on xp pro with a a7n8delux in mother board. if not with the drivers from my cd I received with passes in 4 bit color has shit to reboot. The site ati drivers will not install (setup couldnt find compatible drivers gold harware , if I force to install it does not work for long.

The solution is to have the right file in system32 ati3duag.dll (probably for the inclusion of AGP) and install the drivers from version 7.11 to the catalyst using the updated drivers from the workstation. For Catalyst, we must install it from the files that are unzipped under c: \ . To get this dll open an incident with ati because I can not make it available to you. Otherwise level results I could not fully tested but I'm not a great difference with my FX 5900 XT.

I know this is dll that poses no problem but I that this is one which is better now that the other can be a part of the Catalyst 7.7 with the version of past it crashes. in fact I use it with version 7.10 drivers agp hisdigital home. you can explain how we have to make the dll from the ati site. Download it and install the same this will definitely help you.

Anyway after many hours, I eventually get there. I simply reinstall windows xp sp2. Then I installed the drivers from the motherboard (an ASUS A7N8X-X), directx9.c (last out) and finally the drivers for the graphics card that came with it. (I paid particular attention to restart the computer between each installation).

I had exactly the same problems that you (the lowest screen resolution possible). The problem came from the motherboard drivers especially those of AGP. I hope that with this info you are able to install your graphics card without worry. Good luck.

DUDE, i think you need the right drivers for the right operating system.

I know this thread is old but i felt the need to post this info somewhere. I have seen nothing but never ending posts online about issue with the HD4650 AGP. Especially in Windows 7. I tried everything and anything over the span of 4 hours. From running a bare bones, setup to putting in a behemoth PSU and updating every driver possible on my system with no luck. Ive tried almost every catalyst package out there. Even the latest 11.6 Hotfix for all AGP cards failed giving me a BSOD. Never once would Catalyst actually install the HD4650 drivers. And alot of the times it would not install the catalyst control center either. Was always stuck with "Standard Display Adapter" in the device menu. Ive tried every possible fix and suggestion out there with no results. My final working result came from looking at trouble shooting posts on many message boards with just AGP cards in general. And dont quote me on this but a poster mentioned legacy support ended in Catalyst 10.12. Then i heard someone else say the manufacturer of their card told them to use catalyst 10.12. I was game so i tried yet another suite and failed miserably yet again with no results. Would not install the drivers period.

I tried one last thing. and heres what works. Run 10.12 catalyst and after it extracts to the temp dir then quite the installation. Head over to device manager and goto your adapter and choose update driver software. Then choose "browse my computer for software" Then use the option "Let me pick the drivers" followed by "Have Disk" option.

Then direct it to this file. C:\ATI\Support\10-12_vista32_win7_32_dd_ccc_ocl\Packages\drivers\Display\W7_INF\CL109808.inf Then scroll down the video cards listed until you get to the very first hd 4650 listing and choose that one. Then install anyways when windows says it might not work. Re boot and now the driver is in place and listed as a HD 4650 and displaying proper resolution etc. There another INF file below that one but i never even had to use it or even try it.

Now thats done grab that latest 11.6 Hotfix for all Radeon AGP cards from AMD. Extract and install but when installing YOU MUST CHOOSE "CUSTOM" install. Then make sure you deselect "Install drivers" (you already have one that works). Basically just install the control center ONLY. If you install driver it messes it up again. When finished reboot. And now you have a working 11.6 catalyst control center for your hd 4650 in windows 7.

Ive only posted this because info is REALLY limited out there for these cards and there issues. Ive seen where people have returned the card. I did not wann go that route so i didnt give up and i really hope this can help some people.
    Sorry its not more detailed but im not into writing up stuff. I only signed up to post this info only. But for a few details of my specific situation is as follows.
    MSI Board, Intel Chipset, AGP x8, 550 watt PSU and Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit edition. I dont know if this will work on the 64 bit edition but this definitely worked for the 32 bit version

Thanks dj, it works fine for me. What a relief. I have Win XP Home SP2 and I used the appropriate file locations based on your Win 7 instructions. So I didn't duplicate your results in Win 7 but I did in Win XP.

The CCC and drivers seem to work well. My systems is a P4 3.0 and 2 gb memory.

Now I'm wondering if I'll post this on other sites discussing the same problem.

That's great. I would have never imagined that the Win 7 drivers would work on XP. I suppose the fact its a legacy AGP card there is not too much of a demand for people to fix. I feel the problem is the fact there is different companies distributing different chip sets on some of these AGP cards that just dont like the official drivers regardless. Because what works for some people does not for others. If these were PCIe there would have been a zero day fix almost definitely. This card works great for me and handles overclocking (core:700 mhz, mem: 540 mhz) through ATI tray tools quite stable. While not a beast it manages to play alot of current games for me with a little tweaking with some decent FPS (im running dual core however)

I posted this because I have successfully installed my XFX HD4650 under Windows 7 after 2 years of unsuccessful attempts. I have successsfully used this card under XP, Vista, and even Linux so I knew the card works just not under 7, until now. Simply run setup.exe in compatability mode for XP SP3 from your installation CD, also run as administrator. Follow all directions and install as you would under XP and then reboot. Presto, all works as it is supposed to.

could u send a link or somethin for the setup.exe
    i dont have de disc from xfx nomore