Thread: EyeFinity and CrossFire, VSync is broken

EyeFinity and CrossFire, VSync is broken

I just started using Afterburner, and I put 1.2V to start and see what it gave. But I can not exceed 900/1300, ie the maximum values of the CCC. This means that when I put the value 1000 for the GPU, for example, when I press "Apply", it returns to 900MHz! I have a Sapphire HD 5870 normal original 850/1200. And if I have problems with Dirt 2 (no way to adjust the resolution or refresh rate in DX11) and especially, the HD5870 is frankly crap as soon as the active VSYNC (whatever the game). In short, in adjusting Ultra Dirt 2 is playable with the VSYNC disabled. I would especially like to reach the 1GHz with Afterburner, initially. Someone please help me.!!

Re: EyeFinity and CrossFire, VSync is broken

I would like to tell you that you should not to be limited with the CCC, you got 2 options that are mentioned below :
    • you flash your card with a 5870 bios MSI or ASUS home.
    • you change a config file with afterburner, it's one key "unofficialoverclocking = 0" you change it and then it will work.

Thank you for your quick response and information. Yes I tried it, and even to 1.35V, it does not start for few seconds. After my test, I had artifacts in my games, even the original frequencies, even leaving Afterburner, and even after a reboot. I chose to uninstall Afterburner, and since, fortunately, there is no problem. So it will be the maximum speed at 880/1300 which is very bad.!! Do not bother to make the sausage with voltages if I can not reach at least the GHz, the gain is not worth the trouble otherwise. It remains for me to find how to have a Dirt 2 less buggy, but I do not think this is the fault of the catalysts or HD5870.

At the end of HD58xx I saw a site that tested the cards on core2, dual and quad and the i7, all this little world at stock and the frequency o / c classic games on the panel and resolution that goes. Change the rest later if that does not is a solution but it's still annoying / frustrating the receipt of the card can not operate properly. It has already made me up when I bought my 4870.

Eyefinity is an innovative technology that AMD will be available with AMD's DirectX 11 graphics cards (GPUs Evergreen). These new graphics cards have six sovereign videos released allowing the connection of one to six display to a single video card. But if you connect four DX11 graphics cards in your PC, you can reach a resolution incredible 15,360 × 6400 (4 graphics cards) x (6 entries) LCD = 24!! In Parallel to the release of AMD eyefinity, Samsung is launching a platform for six 22-inch screens specially designed to work with AMD cards eyefinity.

It is much cheaper and more accessible to produce a screen consisting of six screens to one screen of 200 inches. If the technology works well, we'll see appearing more and more on screen with really end which will not generate more immersion. Moreover, it seems that the human brain is very fast in this kind of thing by restoring the image itself complete and therefore the problem of edge quickly disappears into play. There 's actually a good prospect and if it does work for manufacturers of monitors with onboard super end is encouraging.