Thread: HD 5970 Crossfire Eyefinity Problems

HD 5970 Crossfire Eyefinity Problems

I have some doubts regarding the Radeon HD 5970 Eyefinity. I thought that bunch of people hanging out here who are having good knowledge would be interested in helping me.!! In our tests of some Radeon HD 5970, we were able to see that CrossFire was used even when the feature was active Eyefinity. As a reminder, it creates a virtual screen from multiple screen real and thus extend any application on the latter, it exploits the 3D or not. I am not getting anything to fix this. Please provide some useful information so that we can manage to solve it.

Re: HD 5970 Crossfire Eyefinity Problems

I would like to tell you that AMD has also confirmed the possibility, even specifying that 22 games are currently supported. The pilot can thus take advantage of CrossFire on these games only. Unfortunately, it is not true for systems based CrossFire Radeon HD 5700 or 5800. ATI said work on a pilot available to all who should allow access to CrossFire configurations resolutions made possible by the Eyefinity.

When testing the Radeon HD 5870, many were surprised by the inability of drivers to manage the beta Eyefinity in CrossFire. If there should be not even a reason to buy two HD 5870 to be limited by the processor in the vast majority of single screen configurations, it is being able to exploit this new technology tri-screen which is fantastic when you utilize. Two months have passed since, but Eyefinity and CrossFire still do mix as well as oil and water on the Radeon 5800 and 5700.

Even better, ATI provides a technical overview of these two technologies working together on a Radeon HD 5970. This is a very limited preliminary version: 21 games , only works on 5970 and accepting only those assemblages displays in landscape mode. But we finally saw CrossFire Eyefinity work together. Far Cry 2 does that revolved window mode which has not helped performance over the HD 5870 and finally left 4 dead appeared to work correctly (although it should be noted performance extremely close between the two solutions).

Some sources from the manufacturer have indeed indicated that this possibility has not yet been enabled in the drivers because the necessary validation tests, support for the Radeon HD 5970 have been placed higher in terms of priority.

You will have to wait a little longer to take advantage of CrossFire Eyefinity systems, like Linux also. No date has been given yet, but their is news that this could happen before the Catalyst 2.10. !!

Everyone talks about Eyefinity, but frankly, it would run if it is dual screen among the players?
    Funny I thought the 3D attracted more people, because two screens 22" is not necessarily much more expensive but more cumbersome achievement!!

Everyone talks about Eyefinity, but frankly, it would run if it is dual screen among the players?
    Funny I thought the 3D attracted more people, because two screens 22" is not necessarily much more expensive but more cumbersome achievement!!
    To have tested the 3D screen 120Hz Samsung, and Nvidia glasses, I remain skeptical because it gave me a headache when I was concentrating on the game. for films but agreed to play .. it turns out more, more, there is a big lack of light I found! and drivers give effect "ruled" when we remove the 3D mode.

Far Cry 2 does that revolved window mode which has not helped performance over the HD 5870 and finally left 4 dead appeared to work correctly (although it should be noted performance extremely close between the two solutions). We will have exchanges with ATI to understand what went wrong here, knowing that the two results with Eyefinity, nothing has shown the superiority of the HD 5970's little sister single GPU. We are naturally delighted that ATI is working on Eyefinity in CrossFire configurations, but all those who intend to buy a HD 5970 should not rely on a combination of these features in the current state of things.

The card is very long and very heavy. This is only half-surprised because dual GPU ATI cards have never been models of lightness and compactness. This is logical given that the 5970 has two GPUs on a single PCB, each accompanied by 1024MB of GDDR5 memory. The memory chips are found on either side of the PCB, it must squeeze the 2 GB of GDDR5. It is in this case Hynix chips. Note also the solid floors of food placed on the card and solid capacitors. As discussed below, highlights the ATI overclocking the Radeon HD 5970. Between the GPU chip PLX found second-generation PCI-Express 2.1. It is she who is responsible for establishing the link between the two GPUs, like the Crossfire connector provides the link between the two cards installed in two separate PCI-Express.