Thread: HIS Radeon HD 4870 1GB graphics corruption and BSOD on Windows 7

HIS Radeon HD 4870 1GB graphics corruption and BSOD on Windows 7

I have the problems that HIS Radeon HD 4870 is having to make 2D graphics. Certainly, one could draw from that experience that 3D maps are made for play and not for 2D applications, but having read the preceding pages we can only problem with Windows 7 (Vista is not affected). To be more explicit, we must see that most 3D cards are doing quite well in 2D now. Even an onboard graphics solution as the GeForce 7050 (nForce 610i) is better despite its lack of dedicated frame buffer. Its also create BSOD in windows 7. Please help.

Re: HIS Radeon HD 4870 1GB graphics corruption and BSOD on Windows 7

You control the fan with the ATI CCC Overdrive simply. You check "Enable Manual Fan Control" and you rule between 20 and 100%.But to set levels of speed compared to the temp you have to do with Ati Tray Tools or RivaTuner. check this software and reply the results.

If you do not have time to see the system properties -> advanced -> in "Startup and Recovery," click on settings -> in system failure, uncheck "Automatically restart". Otherwise, the BSOD comes mainly from a defective RAM or drivers that are not current.So, at first:
    - Update your drivers
    - Test your RAM with MemTest

you can load / apply the parameters default in the bios of your motherboard. and if you have the "optimized" dishes. it is an option you should find in your bios as "Load Optimized parameters" recess ledge while overclocking being put default values for all CPU / memory / chip set / Graphic card in order to rule out any possibility of crap on your configuration Modal.

The problem being that it is not powerful enough for 4870. It must also check the cable you've been given (molex> PCI-e 6pin or 8pin), I've seen champions (VAS Asus random) that offloading molex> P8 (PSU Processor) to supply a map graphic, and actually it will beep. Another possible problem, They gave you a 6pin while it takes 8 or they gave you one 6/8pin then it takes 2 (all the connectors on the graphics card must be supplied).

I had exactly the same problem with a new config, and a 620 W PSU, I had to return the card to the mag for a standard exchange where the seller was honest and even tested its config. I exchanged it and again the same problem no matter which pc I try it. Apparently according to the vendor there would be a bad series of 4890 Vapor X. So I reverted back to the mag and looked forward to the exchange with the release.