Thread: Amd sempron pin bent problem

Amd sempron pin bent problem

I have installed the AMD Sempron processor, I don't know about the location and contacts, if I got any issue. So, I need to know what to do? where I would made the calls in the difficult situation, please help me with the contact address(id) so that I can send it to the AMD and they can fix the issue .

Processor specification:
    Assembled in Malaysia
    There is a no written in the midst of pin array as:27973
    Copyright 2001 AMD
    Where there is written AMD Sempron
    There is a big number written
    SDA2600AI02BX
    LBBWE 0529DPMW
    Q381579G53717
    I am currently in Kolkata India with my families. Please help me as soon as possible, I will be thankful to you ...

Re: Amd sempron pin bent problem

Unless the CPU was packed and covered with the proper protection that in the box it wont be covered by warranty. Did you do the any type of damages yourself or anything the CPU come as in the situation ? I will suggest you, the proper procedure to interact with the support personal and fire your queries regarding the device that you have .You can visit here and will get page on warranty.
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...7_2139,00.html

And in case, if any help you required then you can make calls very easily ...

Dr. V Guest

These are helpful lines where you can get ever information that you need to know and also can queries about your problem related to your system or associated with the warranty. Please take a look on this ..

New Delhi, India
    AMD Far East Ltd.
    Hotel Crown Plaza Surya
    Business Centre
    O Floor, New Friends Colony
    New Delhi-110 065
    India
    View Map
    Tel: 011-41672614
    Fax:011-41672623

Sales Office

Mumbai, India
    AMD Far East Ltd.
    Vaibhav Chambers, 5th Floor
    Opp. Income Tax Office,
    Bandra-Kurla Complex
    Bandra (East)
    Mumbai-400 051
    India
    View Map
    Tel: 022-30687772
    Fax:022-30687768

Sales Office

Hi all , I have just purchased a Phenom 9750, which contains a broken pin and I think it is not able to use now . if you keep the CPU in your hand then the arrow is in the bottom left corner, the first pin on the left along the bottom row is missing which is placed at the next to the arrow. Before I have to purchase new one ,somebody here are aware about what the activity of that pin was and therefore if this is still possible to work with that processor.

Thanks in advance, any help will be very appreciated.

I am not sure about the pin concepts and what that exact pin does, But this is the common thing and understanding that if you lost that pin from it's proper place means pin has been bent or broken off and would not be adjust again in the hole, and the processor would perform it's work and may be if you are going to use that forcefully then may be you can lost that processor for next use or any type of repairing. I would suggest you to replace the processor because I have suffered this situation before but I didn't plugged that again and It seems very scck. Maybe there's a method to repair it but I am not sure about that and called the support personals and they fixed the problem ..

This is not a well concept to use a CPU with a broken pin. Primarily, if you have just purchased the CPU and that is already provided with a broken pin,then you should return as soon and get a new CPU or a refund.

if that is not possible and you still running with the pin,try and get it reattached,a jeweler can be able to work for you there .There is one more thing, if you don't have main pin then you should try to use something of actual dimensions. I would suggest you to try if you are unable to do the above and it can be risky for your CPU,motherboard or another components attached with your computer system.

Get a bit of metal which is slightly longer than the pin and put that within the pin hole of the CPU socket into the main board where it would have been. The line up this bit of metal with the lost pin on the CPU and lock the CPU into the main board socket,it should make a interface between that CPU and main board.