Thread: Upgrading AMD Sempron 3600+ processor

Upgrading AMD Sempron 3600+ processor

Hi everyone,

I am running with some confusion that it can be possible or not, if so then how would I do it and what should be the procedure . Actually, I have a Lenovo 3000 J205 desktop and thinking to upgrade the processor because I am going to make my system for high availability operations, so the performance would be needed in this case . It has an AMD Sempron 3600+ and will you tell, Can I upgrade to something faster ? Also can I go for the dual core? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Upgrading AMD Sempron 3600+ processor

Hey dear,
    I know, you are going to upgrade but you should be aware about something that always be needed when you are going to upgrade. Actually, it is a K8 processor using AM2 socket format, so it has proper compatibility with the Athlon x2 Dual core. You know, there is a opportunity that the Phenom range can come to work if the motherboard has some compatibility to work with the AM2+ format. But in case of Athlon64 x2, that should be performed without a hitch.

I am little bit confused and not getting where should I go actually. I am considering about two of the processor which are popular and perform very best. I wanted to ask that which one would be better " An AMD Sempron 3600+ or an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Processor " ? I need to know because I am thinking for upgrading and these two are ones and I have to choice between two of them . Somebody suggested me that the Athlon X2 always got better but didn't explain me, why , Does someone here are aware by how much? Any help would be great for me.

That's fine and I am agree with everybody , the AMD Athlon 64 X2 is the one way to go, if you desired to get better performance. Can you upgrade to a Core2Duo ? Actually, I always ignore to use the Intel processor and no one around me to use that but if you measure the cost of that processor then you will find that their costs are very competitive with AMD and as of currently they are providing a very good product for the money. But to reply your query - the X2 processor is involved to manipulate CPU intensive operations (zipping files, divx encoding) at what seems to be at least 10-20% quicker than the sempron.

There are so many users who need best performance always go for the best one and popular processor named as athelon and absolutely athlon64X2 4000+ is stronger and much faster than other processors! semperon series are going to end ! They are 32Bit and they are provided as the single-core. It has been proved that Athlon64X2 series are provided with better support and much faster, and running with the capability of 64Bit computing performance , and they are Dual-Core! I strongly suggest you if you need to select one between these two specified models then I would suggest you to select and go ahead for the 64X2 one!