Thread: ATI Radeon HD 4870 Fan Settings

ATI Radeon HD 4870 Fan Settings

The temperature of my graphics card ATI HD4870 1GB is 127 degrees so I'm Serious about 127 degree block not above and not below. The graphic card fan runs very slow that it is not capable of ventilating all the heat required to get by the card. Some times it even can cause crashing of my system. Normally has alumage card installed from my computer which is turned very hard and slow during boot. Want to know how to control ATI Radeon HD 4870 Fan Settings .

Re: ATI Radeon HD 4870 Fan Settings

Go forward and initiate by opening up RivaTuner. Click on the arrow box next to Customize… next to the second text box on the application. Then proceed to click the icon that represents a graphics card. You will see a new window opening up which will help you to control the fan speed of your graphics card. Go ahead and click the checkbox after “Enable low-level fan control.” If you see only two options either Reboot or Detect Now. Then go for detect now Now, we’re going to create a fan profile. Go ahead and click on the radio button called “Fixed”. You can now drag the arrow on the bar to the desired speed. This way you can control the speed of your fan directly.

The RiveTuner application will help you in controlling the fanspeed so i would recommend you to download the same from the link given above Not only that this tool will help you in setting up a sort of stepping function for controlling your fan speed. I meant to say that the speed of your fan will increase as the requirement for cooling increases you can use different temperature points to activate different fan speeds. So, your fan can be idle at any desired speed with which you are contented with and will increase speed under stress in order to keep your gpu temp down.

The heat factor is not helped by mediocre AMD automatic fan control. Until now, users have been able to manually manage the velocity of their fans. I have provided a useful solution that will allow users to manually control the fan speed of the card, and therefore lower temperatures. I think the simplest solution to this problem is to manually install a software utility which can control the speed of your fan.

If you are using the catalyst in the Catalyst Control Centre, ensure that the clock and memory settings are all proper and then simply turn on Overdrive. After that create a new Catalyst Control Centre profile named as 'fanspd'
    then simply navigate to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\ and you will find an XML file titled 'fanspd', open the file in Notepad or your preferred editor. The file should resemble the following:

<Feature name="FanSpeedAlgorithm_0">
    <Property name="FanSpeedAlgorithm" value="Manual" />
    </Feature>
    <Feature name="FanSpeedRPMTarget_0">
    <Property name="Want" value="0" />
    </Feature>
    <Feature name="FanSpeedPercentTarget_0">
    <Property name="Want" value="65" />