Thread: Eyefinity portrait problem

Eyefinity portrait problem

I was over at a friend's dwelling earlier tonight annoying to test out his new 5850 Eyefinity setup in portrait mode with 3x Dell P2210H monitors. They have DVI and DisplayPort on them. I had two obsessed up via DVI and the third hooked up through DisplayPort. However, when I tried gyratory the picture to portrait mode, whether I was in grouped mode or extended desktop mode, the option was not obtainable to swivel the picture. It would only let me work in landscape mode. Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: Eyefinity portrait problem

I think that you should try to update your driver. I am sure that updating will solve the issue. ATI Eyefinity extend your vision in gaming, entertainment and productivity and learn new computing universe pan using the advanced multi-display ATI Eyefinity1, 2 With the release of AMD's new GPUs are compatible with DirectX 11 games for new generation, the ATI Eyefinity associated with DisplayPort connectivity allows a single GPU simultaneously support up to six independent screen outputs.

Eyefinity increases productivity and streamline everyday multitasking thanks to an expanded visual workspace. Intensify your gaming experience with game environments and ultra-immersive entertainment widen your scope with a field of view breathtaking. Offering easy configuration and upgrade flexibility, features innovative graphics technology multi-screen ATI Eyefinity can overcome barriers and add a visual sensation of surround image to your computing experience.

If nothing is solving your issue then you will have to restore your Windows. With an ATI Radeon HD 5800 series, you can connect three screens simultaneously. You should also keep in mind that it is better to have a monitor with a Display Port connection. Otherwise, you must use a converter active DisplayPort to DVI (rare and expensive).

I know that on the Radeon 5800 series, there are two DVI outputs, an HDMI and DisplayPort output. To operate the three monitors you will have to use: DVI + DVI + Displayport. As my three Samsung monitors have only VGA, DVI and HDMI, I put in the search for a converter active DisplayPort to DVI. Note that the passive converter DVI to DisplayPort does not work.!! The HDMI signal is identical to DVI for video, which explains why it can easily make simple adapters.

EyeFinity allows to cut the video games on multiple displays, the technology is also meeting with Matrox Surround Gaming. AMD says that all games are not yet compatible but most recent titles including Crysis sound, Farcry 2, Half-life2, Left4dead. It is also possible to adjust in real time to manage the disposal of monitors in portrait, landscape. It is not necessary to have identical monitors, it could very well be a monitor displaying a resolution of 1680x1050 with one or two monitors at 1920x1200, the choice would be free to the user, only for comfort will likely be recommended that instructors have the same resolution and same size.