Thread: GTA 4 CRASH on Sapphire Radeon HD 4870

GTA 4 CRASH on Sapphire Radeon HD 4870

I have dell computer with configuration like Core 2 Quad 6600 2.4 GHZ processor, Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 graphic card, etc. I have recently download and install GTA 4 in my computer. I able to enter into game, but I unable to play it. whenever I tried to play, it hangs up. Is this normal. I don't know why GTA 4 CRASH on Sapphire Radeon HD 4870. Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me.

Re: GTA 4 CRASH on Sapphire Radeon HD 4870

I think there is some problem in the BIOS and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case just try to record or monitor voltage of your PC. Also try to monitor MHz of components of your computer. Do this while your computer freezes. I also had the same problem, then I update BIOS and now I don't have any problem. You also do this.

Try one of the following:
    -Unplugged your video card then reconnects the property may be is not secured
    - Remove to the dust
    - If it is underground heating fix a small fan nearby
    -Whether it is reassures compatible with your motherboard
    256-mo is so reassuring for those games sufusant looking carasterestique on these games if another change of 512 MB is more powerful c

I have a HD4870 and the game starts, but because of his handling of internal memory ram the graphics card is only 512MB but has continued its operation with a performance equivalent to 1GB, it only detects 512 or the limitation of graphics means.(And can not save the configuration on my keyboard once left the game)

I have a HD4870 and I have yet to play. After an afternoon of virus scanning and company, I'm at the point where "GTA IV has encountered an error and must close" and return to the office. I also have a hd 4870 and the only solution I found for the launch is to remove the CAC of the pilots from the panel configuration (do not remove the graphics chipset of course) can not seem logical but the game starts. Just try it.

Reply 1: Jte board (for ATI cards) to update the bios of your graphics card and use ATI tools and non-CCC 3D settings. After 3 days of galley I finally smile, GTA has turned back.
    ps: my encounter problems and corrected by this method are:
    1 - no texture or shade disgusting (everything was black)
    "Correct the uninstalled CCC" So I have to replace CCC ATI tools.
    This does not solve my problem with the pc crash black screen after 5 minutes of play
    2 - Updating the bios by USB key bootable HD4870
    Miracle 6:00 game non stop changing graphics settings during game play and other bullshit, the game is thoroughly with the option-noterestrictions.

I was about to drop the case with this game, like what rockstar c not that piss me off the most. Once in place and aside from a few glitches the game I finally get to enjoy it and can say that graphically it is far more beautiful than on a console. It deserves a break firecracker.

It's not because your card has a problem that must be generalized, given the number who are happy. and temperature is important, 35% is perhaps not enough to cool in games you tried your CG on another config see if it is really at issue? you're sure to have the right bios for your CG? I read a lot of problem on ATI Freeze Temperature I never had any problem with NVIDIA.