Thread: ATI Radeon HD 4870 Artifacts problem

ATI Radeon HD 4870 Artifacts problem

I am using ATI Radeon HD 4870 video card on my dell computer from the last months. In the starting it don't have any problem. Now I am having some problem with it. While playing games like FUEL and Call of Juarez 2 Bound in Blood I get lots of artifacts. Sometimes color changes and sometimes VPU resets. I also have problem with GPU MemIO. It overheat around 80 °C while playing game. Please help me to fix ATI Radeon HD 4870 Artifacts problem.

Re: ATI Radeon HD 4870 Artifacts problem

I think there is some problem in the your computer's motherboard and that's why you are getting such type of problem. I also had the same problem. I have flashed the bios, there is an incompatibility with Zealand pavilion for the damn motherboard! I put the bios version 2.33 and it works! I think you also do this to get rid out of this problem.

I think your graphics card is not stable and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to check whether your graphics card is stable or not. To see if your graphics card is not stable. First download ati tool
    and launch a scan artifact. if it beeps or if there are yellow dots on the screen is that your card is not stable.

Indeed it is little to be your motherboard, I have already known problem, but not with the same graphics card, there was an incompatibility between the gpu and northbrigde and that's why you are getting such type of problem. I suppose that it is not possible to update to the northbridge, but try to do this. I hope this will help you.

No signal on your screen does not "share" no graphics card is just your screen that displays it to say that no signal or digital or analog. you say you flashed your bios, but did you set the default settings (I think that some methods allow flashing while keeping the settings). what port you use (HDMI, DVI ...?) your display is set to precisely this entry? (DVI, HDMI, ) because I've seen screens where he had to do it manually.

Reply 1 : you have to delete your profile ds drivers
    ds it is c: \ documents and setting \ your username \ Application Data \ Ati \ Ace \ profile
    you also have to display hidden files. After this just try to restart your computer. I had the same problem as you yesterday and DBH problem persisted even after deleting my profile, so I deleted all files related to ati, I reinstalled the drivers and it worked for me

True to Ati is the first time I have trouble with one of their creation ...
    Nothing to say about the graphics, but it gets very hot ... Too ...
    It freezes the screen and therefore it crashes my pc ...
    I think buying an extra fan because I can not decently be this way.
    I am a WoW player and crashes into bg or pending is not terrible