Thread: GLSL shaders issues in Catalyst 10.3 and Stream 2.01

GLSL shaders issues in Catalyst 10.3 and Stream 2.01

I am having better knowledge about the Catalyst and Stream. While compiling the GLSL shaders, I am getting the following errors :
    Int params=0; glGetProgramiv(program,GL_ACTIVE_UNIFORMS,& params);

after revoking the function parameters are still zero, while it shouldn't

it is not detecting "_Light_cone._mtrx" in the pixel shader.

it worked only if I moved the "_mtrx" to start of the structure
    I am not having enough idea about the GLSL shaders, so after some solutions I request you to provide some information about it. Currently I am using the Catalyst 10.3 and Stream 2.01.

Re: GLSL shaders issues in Catalyst 10.3 and Stream 2.01

I would like to inform you that just drivers Catalyst 10.3 WHQL available for Radeon graphics cards such as a patch for the latter has already been published by ATI. An error has in fact been committed by the development team at Catalyst module Compute Abstraction Layer (CAL). A new version of ATI Catalyst video drivers available download. Various innovations, performance enhancements and bug fixes are announced. So you can try doing the upgrading and then compile the GLSL shaders.

The libraries are used in CAL Catalyst drivers to run applications based on technology Ati Stream Technology (ie the equivalent of CUDA Nvidia) but because of this error in version 10.3 it is unfortunately impossible to operate the Ati Stream Technology and thus harness the power of the graphics card to perform various calculations and varied. According to ATI, this problem does it say that the Catalyst 10.3 drivers for Windows 32 and XP 64 bit and not those for Windows Vista. At the hardware level, all graphics cards supporting the Ati Stream Technology is concerned, namely the Radeon HD 2000 series, 3000 and 4000, business cards and obviously FirePro FireStream cards that are dedicated to this feature.

GLSL is the abbreviation for Open GL Hading L anguage S,
    translate: programming language for OpenGL shaders.
    Effectively, the GLSL is a language for programming shaders. Shaders are used to program the pipeline default rendering your graphics card, called the FFP .
    Shaders are nothing more than programs, so :
    • source code;
    • compilation;
    • execution.

They differ, however, programs written in C, C + + or other language reserved for a performance CPU, share their compilation and execution.

The compilation of a shader is performed at the launch of your application, and implementation is happening in the GPU, unlike your regular programming (C, C + +, C #, Java, ...) which are cured by CPU, and that is what makes the power and flexibility of the shaders in 3D rendering in general. When it comes to programming a processor, we generally think of the assembler. There are actually assembly language for programming a GPU. GLSL has been developed by the ARB for the OpenGL graphics API to provide greater flexibility in programming shaders. DirectX has also developed its own high-level language for programming shaders, there is the HLSL, but it is rather off-topic, I speak to you only as a comparison.

GLSL is a language for programming shaders high, but what it looks like exactly? The source code of a shader written in GLSL :
    Code:
     void main (void)

(

gl_TexCoord [0] = gl_MultiTexCoord0;

gl_Position * = gl_Vertex gl_ModelViewMatrix;

)

You probably used to compile your programs in C or another language, and in general the procedure takes place as follows :
    1. you save your source code in a file
    2. you ask the compilation of this source code
    3. you encounter a compilation error

It is very important to get the error messages for compiling shaders, you'll probably mistakes sometimes by scheduling your shaders, or typographical errors.

You should also have an idea about an OpenGL shading language. Also known as the GLSL or glslang is a shader language standardized by the OpenGL Architecture Review Board (ARB consists of a set of companies interested in designing a standard interface) that is used in OpenGL. The language provides rich elements and that from the beginning, the unifying process on the geometry (vertex processing) and the pixel (fragment processing) with the same instruction set, allowing loops of instructions , and (more generally) conditional statements.