Thread: No Eyefinity over 800x600 per monitor

No Eyefinity over 800x600 per monitor

I am having ATI Radeon HD 5970 which I am using with the Catalyst 10.5 drivers and my operating system is Windows 7. Now my problem is that I am not able to use the resolution of 800x600 per monitor. I am using two monitors. I can view the group and the resolutions of 3840x1080, 3200x900 and 1600x600 after going into the properties option, but when I select any other option except the 1600x600 there are no changes in the display. Only the 1600x600 works perfectly and I am not able to use 800x600. Please tell me more about the topic.

Re: No Eyefinity over 800x600 per monitor

The ATI Eyefinity, present on the ATI Radeon HD 5000 manufacturer AMD is very appealing. It can play on three screens (or more), producing an picture much larger, up to 8192x8192 pixels. One of the biggest concerns of this skill is that more than two displays, it is necessary to employ DisplayPort. The number of accessible screens have such an entry is reduced, and most of them are not really gamers.

There is now a clarification with the arrival of the first converter active DisplayPort to DVI. The box dimensions rather remarkable (when compared to a simple adapter) support resolutions up to 800x600 pixels to 2560x1600, and officially sustain ATI FirePro solutions. It is powered via a USB port. So according to me it should support the resolution of 800*600.

Go to the official website on "What is Eyefinity?", You'll see that lists several things that define the Eyefinity and it is not just the "big picture" (see gaming). You also paragraphs "productivity" and "entertainment" that show triple screen setup "basic" which is also defined as Eyefinity. If you advise someone to buy an adapter that reads roughly "not compatible Eyefinity" thinking that it will pass in three separate screen to screen: it is a BIG mistake.

I think we should not be understood as anything you give as doc, does that eyefinity (that it is in "image" or "different images). But why could not it connect 3 screens if it did not want to use the eyefinity? As one would basically connected with 3 screens on 2 graphics cards. What would be a passive adapter, if it does end on anything? Is this only valid for a single screen?? Even i am not having enough knowledge about it.

I have find the answers from the official sites that are mentioned below :
    • A maximum of two legacy monitors (VGA, DVI or HDMI) can phrasal Be Enabled, Provided That IS EACH monitor connected Either Directly or via a passive DisplayPort adapter / dongle. Passive adapters / dongles Will not support more Than two legacy monitors.
    • To enable support for more Than two monitors, active DisplayPort adapters / dongles are required (or monitors with DisplayPort Direct connectivity Must Be used).

With Eyefinity can have up to three monitors working as if it were one. For Windows applications and games the system works as a single monitor so it is compatible with applications of all kinds are prepared or not for this new technology. This card supports up to three monitors working in this mode but we can expand the number to six by combining a pair of cards. With DirectX 11 and Shader Model 5.0 which are sure to become, together with OpenCL, the standard for general computer aided graphics chips. With these new standards applied physics we can see from games, improved artificial intelligence or assistance for general processes in all kinds of scientific and multimedia applications. It is open standards without any development or proprietary license so do not depend on any particular manufacturer.