Thread: Eyefinity is not working

Eyefinity is not working

I am a bit aware of the problem; Crossfire will not be displayed in two different cards. As far as I know, Crossfire and eyefinite did not play well. I have 2x5850's (the same, the same clock, and same manufacturer), the crossfire is disabled. I can be extended to all three screens. All 24 "(1920x1200) display DVI. 2 are inserted into the 5850's first set of DVI ports; the other is inserted into the second DVI port 5850. I have tried this on 3 to 4 different monitor but I am unable to get Eyefinity to work.

Re: Eyefinity is not working

According to me your setup is not going to work at all because for groups of eyefiniy, The three monitors should driven from the same card and one monitor should be used as the display port. If you want to convert the DP to DVI, then an ATI Active adapter is required. After doing all your setup will work fine.

As far as I know, ATI CrossFireX technology is now well-suited with ATI Eyefinity technology. Monitors that are connected in a Display Group should be connected to the identical graphics card. The answer that is given in the above reply is perfectly right. You just need to that for Eyefinity to work perfectly.

The best thing you can do is to buy the monitor with the DisplayPort. I was also getting the same problem and this is the step I have taken to solve the problem. Now a day’s Dell is selling number of monitor at a very reasonable price. This will definitely solve your problem as this method solved mine.

The solution that is provided in the above reply may work but the thing is that there is no guarantee for this thing to work and it will also include lots of investment. It will be better to go for the displayPort before going to buy the monitor. There are many vendors who can provide the required display port for solving the issue.

I got the idea from AMD's Accel adapter approval eyefinity. Although I cannot find any great one, but this one is very close. I have been looking for B101B - 003B model, but can only find B101C - 001B. I do not know what difference, but I will let you know how it works (if it). This is only $50 per shipment and obviously better than the other DVI price

Until the resolution is not more than 1920x1080 and according to me those Asus monitors are good. I have not tried it but that must be OK, but the thing is that number of peoples has reported the positive remark for the DP to VGA dongles. It will be better to use that and I am confident that it will solve your problem.