Thread: ATI Radeon HD 4650 1920x1080 display issues

ATI Radeon HD 4650 1920x1080 display issues

I purchased a new one Radeon and I always like to use this . But before few days, I got single minor problem with that ans thinking that I can solve it very quickly. First of all , my setup, then my question.

About my set configuration, I have got a DVI to HDMI cord connected with my tower and then with my 40' LED Samsung TV. I am trying to display on this TV with the resolution setting of 1920x1080.The actual issue is that on 1920x1080, the color seems very odd. This is the way too bright. The color configurations are just right with the configuration of any resolution but that should minimum than 1776x1000, but it's almost just as the contrast moves way up when I replace with the resolution values of 1920x1080. However, if I run with the 1440x900 or 1680x1050, then my images assumes stretched on the TV but the color is going very well. The issue is not too worst when I am going to perform any other task on that other than playing games, but my tower is a gaming machine. It seems much hard to get the things in consideration .Do you know some ways to can change the contrast so that it shows perfect with the configuration of 1920x1080?

Re: ATI Radeon HD 4650 1920x1080 display issues

There is very simple way to do it and if you are aware about this before then no issues but in case, if you need to make the changes from the suggested location then you can do it and you know it is the primary solution form this very issue. You have to take some simple steps to do it and would be done as follows -

Just open the Catalyst Control Center and then after click on Graphics placed on the top of the side then move for the Desktop Properties, then Color.(This is with the newest 9.12 driver) and then configure the brightness, Gamma, and Contrast are all in this section...

Does anybody aware about this, if AMD are going to provide the solution regarding the mode not supported problem when working on Windows 7 and display mode 1920 x 1080 through the VGA in a future release of the Catalyst drivers??

The causes that I ask is that I can't be sure that this issue has been allowed to carry on for the previous six months and if a resolution is not on the horizon then I have to go back with the Vista operating system !! I know that there is a applicable and much implemented solution with the help of Powerstrip but it looking as that ATI is supposed to be 'cutting edge' we have the capability to perform something like this as the easy manner and running our displays in 1920 x 1080 as I was doing in Vista only yesterday.......

Hmm, Every thing is right but something is going wrong and I would have to disagree on single moment and I would be surprised if a lot of computer users connecting to an HDTV for the desktop purposes and always came with the HDMI in this way and you know that assume as you know absolutely terrible. If you go through the entire posts that have some connection with this post and matter across the internet, There are so many users have tried HDMI and have been disgusted with the images and need to carry on working with the VGA.

When I was searching for some solution that is related to my case then I got so many post, there are a lot of users are running with the issue with Windows 7 and HDTVs and specially when ATI RADEON Cards is included in that case. This issue seems to occur with NVDIA Cards too.

Actually, the is getting occurred when you work with the VGA connection on the 1920 x 1080 HDTV, the TV will throws a message of " MODE NOT SUPPORTED" and moved into the blank screen . There is one fix that was proposed to work with the previously issued ATI 8.9 CCC software. I also go through that and tried make first reboot it goes very well . When I turned off the computer then Windows 7 suggest me that it is installing an update. and after perfect update, the restart of computer system made again and the same message is occurring MODE NOT SUPPORTED . where as I have configured the screen size at 1920 x 1080 is only 2/3 full screen. No way to adjust on the TV. Any help would be appreciated !!!!!!

I am also suffering with the similar complexity with the adjustment of resolution and it is going on from last couple of days. I am working with a Samsung Series 9 TV and unable to get 1080 with the proper functionality. I assumes to be at the same point as you with the help of performing installation of another drivers. I did get 1080 to work, but then after a reboot made and the error message come up as "mode not supported" on the TV. I don't have any idea about this and not sure that if 1080 did work properly when Windows stated that the display was a universal pnp, but when performed the restart then I considered that it was identified as a Samsung. I have updated the TV firmware and a Radeon x1600 video card. It assumes as that the issue is going on with the Windows 7 as 720p performs well .

Regards,

ALAN

This is what I did to resolve my issue :

1. start your system in Safe Mode.
    2. Issue the statements from command prompt to turn on the Windows Installer Service:
    REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"

net start msiserver

REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\Minimal\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"

net start msiserver

3. Issue the following suggested set of command from the command prompt to disable Driver Signing:bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

4. Go to the Device Manager.
    5. from the left panelm, Click and expand "Display adapters".
    6. Make a right Click on the Display Adapter attached in the list.
    7. Select the Update Driver Software.
    8. Left Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
    9. Left Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
    10. When you got the window with the prompt name as "Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware." , uncheck the option of
    "Show compatible hardware".
    11. Left Click "Have Disk".
    12. Open the directory suggested below :
    "C:\Drivers\ATI\Support\Vista_8.523-080808a-068036C-ATI\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH6A_INF" and click on the inf file "CH_68036.inf"

13. Choose your adapter (if you feel important to select that).
    14. Go through the prompts and restart.