Thread: Getting BSOD after installing ATI Catalyst

Getting BSOD after installing ATI Catalyst

My 5770 is shown the vertical stripes of color. These random stripes, only coming when was doing nothing. So, I installed a new ATI Catalyst , but now I got bigger problems, "Blue Screen of Death!" According to sources, there is a graphics driver issue. The blue screen appears when clicking on "normal" Windows applications, like the configuration menu. Could someone help me to solve this BSOD error after installing ATI Catalyst?

Re: Getting BSOD after installing ATI Catalyst

I was also facing the same problem of Blue Screen of Death, but now I have resolved the issues. Actually the ZoneAlarm Pro was the main cause of the problem. For resolving the problem I have un-installed ZoneAlarm Pro from my computer system. This has solved my problem I hope that it will also help you to the same. May antivirus on your operating system is causing the problem try to uninstall and then check whether the problem persists or not.

For solving this issue of Blue Screen of Death problem you just need to follow these steps:
    1. Call RUN command (or by clicking Start, Run, if you have run the Start menu,
    2. Type services.msc and press Enter.
    3. After that search for the service called ATI exterior Event Utility
    4. Right click it and select Properties
    5. In the Startup Type drop-down menu, select Disable.
    6. Click Apply and OK.
    7. Restart the computer it should start normally.

I have exactly the same issue. I have purchased the Windows 7 Ultimate (retail version) and configured from scrape before the 64-bit version. I have a 4850x2 in the catalyst and I have installed it and then getting the Blue Screen of Death. I had my system from the elimination of all components to ensure that no conflict of all. I also have the same problems loading patches and the latest 9.9 drivers

I have an X - Fi sound card, I continue to have a blue screen. I guess this is my system embedded in a while I have been disabled, and shut down the service. I finally identified my system; remove all the components to a minimum. This includes the deletion of the entire PCI video card, and in addition to PCIe card. I have also been removed, apart from one and all of my memory modules. When I started to again configured my operating system I sure do not let Windows to do any upgrade, I configured the Cat drivers. After taking so much effort finally I was able to run the system perfectly.

I experienced a same problem on different machine that is resulting in crash. I was having four gigabyte of RAM from that I have removed two gigabyte of RAM. I installed two computers, a reliable catalyst; it seems to cancel my X - Fi. You know, these two boxes, otherwise rock solid - one game, can withstand sustained more than nine hours a heavy burden.

Currently I am having window 7 64 bit with four gigabyte or memory. It works in Windows Vista 64 with confirmed, but now it is giving Blue Screen of Death permanently in Windows 7. Then I changed the settings for graphics card Nvidia's 8400GS, for the past twelve hours, no more Blue Screen of Death. It seems like ATI cannot be in the hands of 64-bit drivers. It seems that they are doing sporadic memory corruption.