Thread: ATi Catalyst 9.1 or 9.2 with an alternative for Catalyst Control Center

ATi Catalyst 9.1 or 9.2 with an alternative for Catalyst Control Center

Hi friends i am very much new to this overclocking world so i would like to know which program suits the best in over clocking. Whether i should go for the ATI Catalyst 9.1 or 9.2 but it should have an alternative for CCC (Catalyst control center). Hope some expert out there will surely guide me in this matter. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Re: ATi Catalyst 9.1 or 9.2 with an alternative for Catalyst Control Center

As the most assiduous will have already noticed, ATI catalyst 9.2 is intended for Radeon graphics cards. Stamped 9.2, these new pilots to Windows XP and Vista resolved by the manufacturer of many bugs, mainly related to features and settings of the Catalyst Control Center. The problem with the activation of anisotropic filtering for DirectX 10 games would include fixed.

Support for OpenGL 3.0 is the only new feature of the Catalyst 9.1 drivers but it should still remember that dozens of bugs have been fixed as well under Windows XP than Windows Vista in particular in the Control Panel Catalyst Control Center. Like problems corrected, we see the example code 43 error that occurred when loading the driver for Vista x64 on a system containing more than 4 GB of memory. We can also note the correction restart problem with the Radeon HD 4800 CrossFire or inability to manually install the Catalyst drivers via the Device Manager with the Radeon HD 3870 and Radeon HD 3870 X2.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Th ATI catalyst 9.1 version brings including full support for OpenGL 3.0, fixes some bugs but provides no performance optimizations in games. A note found inside these drivers marked unknown graphics card Radeon HD 4730 and 4750, and is probably the commercial name of the entry-level graphics cards based on RV740 and future which should be out in March . According to the latest Rumour, the RV740 GPU is close RV770LE (Radeon HD4830) but engraved in 40 nm.

In the catalyst 9.1 AMD also announced a performance improvement compared to previous drivers in Crysis in DirectX 10, Crysis Warhead , also in DirectX 10, and World In Conflict . In most cases, the gains could rise to 20%, but will be sensitive in practice than in the highest resolutions, all filters enabled. Hope this will help you.

In Crysis I am a bit "edgy" this game cons. I have a crazy friend who has 3 PC GTX 280 with a core i7 and crysis does not run very good. I'm sure it's a technique to sell graphics cards that are worth a fortune to people like my friend when AC is not important to have 3GTX 280. I think that all the cards are similar with few important changes.

The big problem is not so much the game itself, for me is that your friend with a problem, want to run crysis in fact I do not see the interest, I have finished with a 8800GTS and a Core 2 Duo E6600 and I had a very good image quality. In my opinion, and without wishing to be annoying your friend something to compensate, just like all the chick who made remarks in the street through the loud music, they want to get out because basically there is something that will not.