Thread: Problems in detecting ATI Catalyst VRAM size

Problems in detecting ATI Catalyst VRAM size

I am facing the problem while detecting ATI Catalyst VRAM size. I have replaced "the dough rose of origin" of the chipset by the Artic Cooling Silicone because with the graphics card overclocked the chipset I was a little too heated. Later than I have flashed my Bios and Motherboard. Reflash my graphics card again by increasing frequencies with new modif (VGA Silencer VoltMode and if necessary GPU and VRAM VoltMode too). So anyone out there knows to sort out this issue.??

Re: Problems in detecting ATI Catalyst VRAM size

The ATI 9800 XL are identical to the actual MSI ATI 9800 pro more TD 128. MSI graphics card manufactured 9800XXL and the motherboard for Medion. Of course By passing a nice little bonus considering the size of orders. To you try to boot from the CD Application and Support one that does not contain windows! Top there is a test for HD, SeaTools, makes it very long. I think that will resolve your issue.

Using 64-bit Arch Linux, equipped with version 9.7 of Catalyst for my ATI 4850 X2 2GB of VRAM ... and everything runs smoothly. But this ad made me feel more comfortable with having up to controllable free. By the way, do not use the Adobe add flash, I use Gnash. That good news ... I have installed Ubuntu 9.04 on a laptop with an ATI x1250 and although I had to install drivers, Compiz-Fusion I walk without problems. Without embargo, has small blunders when using animations like "Cube" and glxgears gives me no more than 400fps.

Exact to see in the bios is the famous TurboCache (nVidia) is to allocate the ram graphics chipset, but it is not very effective to play. Not difficult. Since it is a laptop, just the video ram ram system. To adjust, simply go into the BIOS and adjust. Me not know how in the BIOS on any PC. (Try delete or f1 or f2 or f10 or f11). I had to change my ATI for a nvidia because even the Catalyst driver failed because the AGP Aperture Size = 256 (max) on my motherboard and my video card had 512 RAM.

I would like to suggest you to use TechTool Pro 5. TechTool Pro 5 is a diagnostic utility, repair and optimization for Mac OS X. It allows testing and repair disks, defragmenting disks, recover deleted files from accidentally or during a crash test electronic components and memory, etc. TechTool Pro 5 offers innovative features such as eDrive creates a partition on your hard emergency, or tests to anticipate SMART disk problems. TechTool Pro 5 ships on DVD bootable Mac OS X. A downloadable version is also available.

The beginning of the open source drivers was slow, but in recent weeks have made significant advances that begin to change the landscape of how Linux would work with ATI hardware. About three weeks ago and had succeeded in glxgears work properly with this hardware . While this is a simple test to get to that point the driver needs to implement a broad base of functionality. With this driver, now can run applications like Compiz with ATI Radeon HD 2000/3000/4000 on pure open source. If the changes to the kernel table and are sufficiently stable, we will support this new Linux distributions that expected this year. A great Christmas present for ATI users.

To you try to boot from the CD Application and Support (one that does not contain windows! Top there is a test for HD, SeaTools, makes it very long!) Otherwise test by unplugging all the cables behind to press the start button for 30 seconds. If the CD does not boot, because you have changed a setting that selects the players who must boot at startup. To change this, enter the BIOS (DEL key at startup), then enters the first option (I have not rebooted the PC and then I can not know exactly .. I do not remember more sorry!), and there you should see an option that allows you to choose the option you want to use to boot at startup.