Thread: Installing ATI radeon drivers on an Acer laptop

Installing ATI radeon drivers on an Acer laptop

I have Acer Aspire 5670 which has x1600 ATI radeon. The new drivers by Acer are one year old and using this it will difficult to play some games. In earlier I able to install ATI's 8.453.0.0 drivers for playing Portal. It is not easy to install these drivers. I want to upgrade to the 8.8 drivers for playing games like Pirates of the Burning Sea, SPORE, etc. But I don't know how to install these drivers. Please help me with installing ATI radeon drivers on an Acer laptop.

Re: Installing ATI radeon drivers on an Acer laptop

Do you have any conflicts displayed in Device Manager? If so, which ones specifically? If the line "video controller VGA compatible" is no longer displayed it means that the graphics card driver is installed. Can you give me more information about your problem so that we can give you stp information corresponding to their ID for the device instance? To do this right click on each line, select Properties and then click on the Details tab. Just select it, make a copy with the Alt + C, and then simply doing a "Paste" with the right-click of the mouse.

From your information it seems that your "SM Bus Controller" is not installed properly and that's why you re getting such type of problem. If the line "SM Bus Controller" is not installed automatically then proceed this way:

1. Unzip the Intel driver software using the 7-Zip .
    2. Once it is installed to a right-click on the file infinst911autol.exe, 7-Zip/Extraire select files and click OK.
    3. Then force-install the driver manually:
    4. In Device Manager right-click on the line SM Bus Controller and select Update Driver.
    5. Check Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) / Do not rechercher.Je will choose the driver to install.
    6. Click on Disk / run along.
    7. Select the file in the unzipped folder ibexsmb.inf infinst911autol.exe / All and then click Open.
    8. Click OK, Next and Finish.
    9. Reboot the computer.

For installation of ATI radeon drivers on an Acer laptop use following steps.

1. Replace the old file in the unzipped folder CX_71617.inf 8.551XP-WHQL-081024a-071617C/Driver/XP_INF by the following: CX_71617.inf .
    2. To replace the old file CX_71617.inf the new save just to its original location.
    3. Force-installing the driver manually:
    4. In the Device Manager to right click on the graphics card and select Update Driver.
    5. Choose Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) / Do not rechercher.Je will choose the driver to install.
    6. Click Next, Disk and visiting.
    7. Select the file in the unzipped folder CX_71617.inf 8.551XP-WHQL-081024a-071617C/Driver/XP_INF and click Open.
    8. Click OK, Next and Finish.
    9. Reboot the computer.

For those who have the same problem, please use following steps to fix this problem.
    -Remove programs / remove all ATI apps
    Reboot-safe mode
    -Device Manager
    -Right on 4570, uninstall. If there is a box "delete the driver", select it.
    -Reboot in normal mode
    It is possible that W7 make an automatic install, no importance.
    -Device Manager
    -Right on 4570, to update the driver
    -Select the automatic update and then check the box to automatically search for drivers via windows update
    -Restart
    -At this stage in the device manager the "Code 10" has disappeared. Otherwise, follow the link below this post.
    -You notice that when you move the mouse, it goes "out" of the screen. In fact as there are two GPUs, windows created a virtual screen. To disable it go to the display options. You notice that the second screen in the options window is all black.
    -Restart
    -Windows now starts on the 4570.

To return to the 3000 series (battery mode), change the screen display options.

You have to execute manually like this:

In Device Manager right-click on the line Standard VGA Graphics Card and select Update Driver Software.

Check Search for driver software on my computer / Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Disk / run along.

Select the file in the folder CL_64832.inf Packages / Drivers / Display / LH_INF then click Open.

Click OK, Next and Finish.

Reboot the computer.

All drivers, including the Radeon driver, you will find on the bootable CD a system that came with your notebook. These drivers are the latest, the Acer offers. In the network there are currently none. The support for the Radeon 9700, Acer launches first online soon. Mobility drivers for laptop video cards are often tailored to the specific laptop manufacturers. Please use only the drivers from the Acer site