Thread: Problem with ATI Catalyst 10.5

Problem with ATI Catalyst 10.5

I just installed the Catalyst driver 10.5. The driver walked free (downloaded from Internet) not too bad and 3D is working. Then I installed ATI drivers, because the free driver does not support power control, the fan is running too, 3D train and wanted to see if with proper sound driver could pass through the HDMI (since it is the graphics card that must be part of the redirect apparently). The problem is always the same "tearing". There is no vertical sync x or xvideo but only on OpenGL. I am looking that someone will give the feedback for the Catalyst driver 10.5.

Re: Problem with ATI Catalyst 10.5

After testing the audio on HDMI is not supported either with Catalyst, at the same time it surprised me a little that the graphics driver can even influenced the sound on HDMI output. That's why I'm back on the free driver. However, everything worked perfectly with Karmic with the AMD Catalyst. With Lucid, I can count on the driver "fglrx" deposits. AMD has posted version 10.5 of its ATI Catalyst drivers. On the menu of news, support screens 120 Hz landed on the Radeon HD 4000 and 3000 and ATI Overdrive has been improved on multihead setups.

ATI provides the Catalyst drivers in their version 10.5 are now available. For that you will have to search on Internet, I will recommend you to download that from an official site of ATI. New side, it retains the arrival of 120 Hz for display of 3D stereoscopic series GPUs ATI Radeon HD 3000 and Radeon 4000. Also I think that the ATI Catalyst 10.5 is a major bug that they must settle for BC2 by one or two days. Plus other bug instabilities. Wait before you install the hotfix.

The ATI Catalyst software driver and the ATI Catalyst Control Center can Be Downloaded Independently of Each Other. However, for maximum Stability and Performance AMD both recommends that be updated components from the Saami ATI Catalyst release. You will also have to keep in mind that the ATI Catalyst Control Center That Requires the Microsoft .NET Framework SP1 installed Be. Without .NET SP1 installed, the ATI Catalyst Control Center Will not launch Properly And you will see user error message.

I am willing to recognize that the driver poses some problems these, but I say that the reactions, including yours, are disproportionate to the problem. When is Microsoft WHQL certification requires that we reach agreement on the definition, for me they are when they are WHQL propose the automatic updates of Windows. When the hotfix screens gray HD5800, I ignored it because I have no problem on my HD5850 is true I see it as a minor patch is being tested for future 02/10 nothing more...

I installed Catalyst 10.1 and since I have some problems with the transmission of sound through HDMI cable from my 5770 Vapor-X to my TV. With the old version of Catalyst sound came through the device "Via High definition audio" my Asus. Since Catalyst 10.1, through its "ATI Hdmi output". The problem is that when I switch the sound on the loudspeaker or on my TV, now I have to go in the panel config / her to do the mods. And I got an information that there are 15 definitions not WHQL, one can refer to the Wikipedia for example.

The CCC version of thesis driver Should Be - Catalyst Control Center Version 2010.0316.1927.33027 If You Have a later "date, you must first uninstall the Control Center Before Installing this version. If you DID install custom You Will Have Noticed WMV9/VC-1 decoder and the new version of AMD's AVIVO and Drag & Drop. This Will Give You a new page in CCC Called Video Converter.