Thread: Other drivers wont install issue after installing ATI Catalyst 10.1

Other drivers wont install issue after installing ATI Catalyst 10.1

I have notice some strange issue in my system. I am using Windows 7 x64 bit on my system. After the launched of ATI Catalyst 10.1 drivers I had decided to download and install the same. I had first removed the old one and then added this new driver update. I found in my control panel that there is only one entry for ATI Installer. There is no catalyst driver mentioned. If I need to downgrade or uninstall the same then what to do.

Re: Other drivers wont install issue after installing ATI Catalyst 10.1

That is correct that when install ATI Catalyst 10.1 drivers then are less possibilities of upgrading or downgrading the old drivers. I have a similar issue. My Add Remove program list only shows a single enter of ATI Installer. Now I cannot remove the Catalyst center if needed. Does this is hidden or there is some problem with the driver. There is lots of program related to this driver update.

To fix that matter you will need Visual C++ Runtime. So download it and install it. You can download this from the official site of Microsoft. If that does not work then you might need to re-install Windows back again. This is a system issue which must be fixed. You have to search out for more troubleshooting support on this driver update. Basically a re-installation of Visual C++ can fix this matter.

If you does not want this drivers then you can simply run system restore. This will revert back your old catalyst driver settings. You can wait back for some better patches or new diver update. Just type system restore in the search box in the start menu. In the window select a old date prior to installation of catalyst drive. Once done then you can arrange for proper setup for the new driver updates.

In this I had re-installed Windows back again to fix the matter. I was also not able remove the same. First I was using some 8 point version of Catalyst drivers. I had wasted some couple of days in setting up my system. I think this is a bug in the driver and hope that ATI will work on the same. I had also faced some serious HDCP issue after installing the driver.

Try to run a fresh setup program. The setup program stays in the location where you have kept the drivers. Like in the C drive under ATI/Support/Etc folder. Check in here first. There are lots of issue related to the 10.1 driver update for Windows. I will switch to my old driver rather updating Catalyst and spoiling my systems current settings. Look at the folder first for the setup.

Do this, first download and install Driver Sweeper. Remove the ATI stuff from Add/Remove program. Run Driver Sweeper. It will scanned for unused drivers in your system and then delete them out. By that you will get rid of some updates which are not required. Then you can download a fresh copy of the driver setup. Install it and run it back again. This must work this time.