Thread: ATI Catalyst 10.1 Hotfix driver's not responding

ATI Catalyst 10.1 Hotfix driver's not responding

Hello there, My desktop computer is installed with Windows 7 64 bit and the graphic card on the computer is ATI HD 4870. Recently I installed the new 10.1 Hotfix drivers on the computer but still the graphic card is giving same problem. The display card stops responding frequently while using. Is there anybody else who's ATI Catalyst 10.1 Hotfix driver's are not responding? If yes then please suggest some solutions. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: ATI Catalyst 10.1 Hotfix driver's not responding

After installing the latest hotfix released on the computer, the card must not get stuck while operating. I suspect that the operating system of the computer is not letting the graphic card work properly. Therefore I will suggest that you repair the operating system on the computer and then see if the same problem persists or not. Hopefully repairing the operating system will solve the problem.

As suggested, I tried to repair the operating system on the computer by using the installation disk but the same problem persisted. As the repairing the operating system did not work, I did a fresh install of the operating system but still the same problem is faced. So I dont think the issue is related to the operating system. Please suggest some alternate solution to the problem.

It could be some hardware related issue. The graphic card which you are using must be faulty and it is the reason why the drivers are not responding. If the device itself is not working then the drivers may get stuck in a loop and become unresponsive. Therefore I would suggest that you get the graphics card checked by some technician and see if there are any faults. If the graphic card is faulty, replace it and check the performance of the drivers.