Thread: Catalyst Control center reset after Remote Desktop

Catalyst Control center reset after Remote Desktop

I have a HTPC which is connected to my remote desktop connection. I had logoff the same and then when I went to my system to lock for the settings I found that the CCC settings in it were restored to default. The Avivo Basic Settings were selected automatically. I had played a lot in brightness, video gamma, contrast, etc but all were set to default. And this has happened 3 times.

Re: Catalyst Control center reset after Remote Desktop

My system configuration is Windows 7, HD5670, ATI RC2 and a wide screen LCD support. I had build up my media center pc. I have a additional system connected in a different room. I had setup a Remote Destkop connection to made some adjustment from my room. But after log off when I start my home theater system all the settings were restored to default. How to stop this.

There is some issue with Remote Desktop with the Catalyst control center. I had seen that if I work on the same the control center simply restore everything back to default. It looks like that it is installed for the first time. Click on Run and then in the box type - C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe. Restart your pc and then check back the settings.

I have a Panasonic TV connected to the HTPC. I had created a Remote Desktop connection for troubleshooting. But the display settings were changed which is really annoying. I had disable Remote desktop in my pc and now I really don't care about using the same. It changes the settings which is hard to restore all back. May be Remote Desktop forces the settings of Catalyst to default.

I am using ATI Catalyst 8.8 driver on Windows XP 64 bti system. I had connected my system to other server on the network. When I connect to Remote Desktop by adding up the user name and password it shows blank screen. Nothing comes on the desktop. Sometime the same disconnects instantly. The control center in my system has crashed many times.

This seems that the ATI Catalyst Control Center is not compatible with the Remote Destkop service. Just try to uninstall the tool first and then download the latest version. Install it and then check back. It does not seems that there is any further support for this. You will need to use any on at a time. If you configure remote desktop then the control system will crash.

This is not a new problem. Lots of users have faced this issue. The ATI Control Center does not work with Remote Desktop connection. I does not know the reason behind the same but there are lots of users who are facing the same problem in their system. I had tried to find a hotfix for the driver version 8.12. But nothing is provided. I hope that ATI might work on the same.