Thread: Drivers for ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 (Windows XP 64 bits)

Drivers for ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 (Windows XP 64 bits)

Hello friends ,
    I don't understand that it is just because of some compatibility or what ! I always got an error . I have recently downloaded the drivers of my already installed video card and it is for Windows XP 64 edition bits from the following location :

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

But when I perform the installation of the downloaded driver for my computer, I always receive the error message as follows :

Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system. Setup will now exit.

Re: Drivers for ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 (Windows XP 64 bits)

I thought that I need to update to 7.9, That's why I may try the same with the Quakewars beta. I just had 7.3. probably , I had just install the driver right on top of the previous one (never had any issue to perform this), but in a effort to wipe up my computer system, I decided to remove the program 7.3 driver. What I didn't do was restarting before installing the next latest driver (that may have been the issue in this case).

Currently, whatever I perform to install any ATI driver, during the installation procedure of this, after it copies a number of dll files in the group from my system32 directory stored in windows folder and the error message is as follows that always comes up and suggests :

"Service: Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system. Setup will now exit."

What procedure, you have followed to do this. I think, you are running with the improper driver for your card. You have to select the driver that can be proper and applicable for your card . Or if you find that you are not getting succeed to solev this and find you are going right in the procedure of installation and uninstall then you need to take some different way to solve this.

You should have been a little bit aggressive in wiping out the registry. You need to install the common windows VGA driver and then don't forget to Restart the computer system and then install the CAT7.9.

I have done very well and I am sure that I didn't skipped any steps and required settings for that. I installed the proper driver that is requested by the card. I have done this before and described as follows :

My recent attempt was :
    1- Just uninstall the AIT software from Add/Remove software's
    2- Executed the driver cleaner and deleted entire ATI associated files, and registry entries
    3- Restarted the PC
    4- System occurred the following message as "found new hardware... <cancel>
    5- Installed the driver .... received the same error "Setup did not find a driver...."

No..No , This is not the proper way that you are using to set-up the driver. Just go through this procedure and do the following things as stated above :

• Choose "uninstall" on both ATI x800s' from the device manager
    • Restart
    • Device manager occurred a message as "standard vga"
    • Performed the installation of 7.9
    • Moved to the control panel section and performed the uninstall option of ATI software,
    • Moved to device manager and performed the uninstallation of x800xt
    • Shut down the computer system and remove X800XT, installed Voodoo 3 3000 PCI
    • Booted the system, executed the driver cleaner, wiped entire ATI files
    • Restated the computer system