Thread: ATI Radeon HD4830 - can't overclock

ATI Radeon HD4830 - can't overclock

Hello all,
    I performed the installation of newest Catalyst drivers, but I am unable to overclock my card with ATI Overdrive. I executed Auto-Tune, everything going very well (it checks the maximum speeds for both GPU and memory clock) but the associated slider doesn't move for further (stopped on 585MHz and 900MHz). When I tried to replace the sliders manually and clicked on the apply then sliders automatically placed back for the default clock setting (GPU and memory clock).

Re: ATI Radeon HD4830 - can't overclock

Ummh ! This is just because of some compatibility issue and bad settings. You have to make some little bit changes for your already configured settings. And you know, why it is going: It is just because you are running within the 2D environment not within the 3D so it is using the 2D clocks. You should use to work with a 3D game which will use the required and appropriate clocks.

I have an ASUS HD4870 1GB graphic card and need to overclock it with ATI Overdrive. I have just tried with separate frequencies such as GPU 950Mhz and MEM 1000Mhz for instance,The temps are configured well but the screen flicking continuously. Not on the desktop but for instance when I try to perform the 3DMark Vantage test then on during the loading screen, it always getting flick (when it's making components). I don't find that only when I am working in on the stock speeds. Am I skipping an option or tick here or my card just no more or ready for overclocking procedure ?

I don't find that only when I am working in on the stock speeds.
    I am not getting your words here. can you clarify this, actually what you are telling about in this particular sentence. This information would helpful for me to solve your issues. Explain me something in clear manner ...

Actually, I wanted to say that I am unable to find the flicker only when I am using the stock speeds. When I get ready to perform the overclocking even 10Mhz then in that case, I got that flickering.

I got some information which is assumes to be a problem with the ATI Overdrive itself.I have used the RivaTuner and the flicker was disappeared . But the issue with the RivaTuner is that there is only single set of overclocking configuration and it is not actually two - 2D and 3D. Is there can be some types of workaround for the Overdrive error or maybe another application to overclock the GPU? I finally require to make the separation of the values for 2D and 3D because the stock cooling is primarily cooling procedure for the GPU itself. In this situation, I would like to allow the memory rest when not working with the 3D application.