Thread: FPS problem with Sapphire ATI Radeon x1950 Pro 512 AGP

FPS problem with Sapphire ATI Radeon x1950 Pro 512 AGP

I have installed sapphire ATI Radeon X1950 Pro for best perfomances. I install the drivers from the cd I received the surprise, I perceive that I have as much or less fps (frames per second = fps) in all my games. I even down to 20 fps average whatever the level of detail, even with anisotropic filtering and anti aliasing up, even with all the game settings in low or high of course there is a small difference but not more than 10 fps. I confirm my suspicions by trying to launch a random game, this one does not start, I tried UT2004 and then I direct message "RUNTIME ERROR just after you have clicked on the icon to launch". I uninstalled the ati drivers, known to sometimes cause problems. But same issue. Please help. My system configuration is:

Computer: Acer aspire G510
    directx: 9.0c
    CPU: amd athlon 2600 +
    RAM: 1 GB SDRAM dd
    dd: 160GB
    psu: 200w

Re: FPS problem with Sapphire ATI Radeon x1950 Pro 512 AGP

Changing the ram your motherboard will not change under any circumstances because the fps does not ram the video card but the motherboard. So only tees programs opening faster, latency is lower, but what is the fps it does not change because managed by the graphics card. The simplest solution would be to increase the ram on the graphics card.

If you want to increase the fps you should change the graphics card. For that favors a last generation card (ati or n'vidia - personally I prefer n'vidia) with at least 256MB of RAM if you're playing to type mmoprg Warcraft or Counterstrike type games. So your game will have no limit fps so you can see if your graphics card is powerful enough to climb above or in fps if you must change it.

You need to deliver your default settings, a graphics card gets very hot in a laptop, that's why he should not overclock and verifies that the dust does not accumulate in either the breakdown ventilation is not blocked, also uninstalled and reinstalled your graphics card .

However, you can try first with the premiere only graphics card. Remember that the SLI is not managed, must not be used! In other words, it must remove the second game does not support SLI mode. Also one card on your configuration should already be enough. An important question: Was your machine overclocked at the time of installation of Seven? If so, you need to reinstall.

On average 40 FPS is enough. Try not to fall below 30 for not jerks. Then there are gamers who want more Superman 60fps but it is already too fast for the human eye . The only advantage is that there bcp details to display, it can limit the fps drop . It depends on the games a well coded games, will be a perfect 30fps. But it is true that 40 medium without much drop is perfect.

For graphics cards, check to have at least version. I have three maps in this series and 6800 + 8800 Gt Gt, and this driver "going" very well, so that I refused the latest updates for my graphics card , no reason, since I have not yet met a physical problem with the RC since 7100 64bit. Least four and three different machines and dual boot with XP.