Thread: Cannot access Hue and saturation from ATI catalyst

Cannot access Hue and saturation from ATI catalyst

I have recently bought a Sony Vaio laptop which has Windows 7 64bit installed on it. The laptop is having an ATI HD 4870 card. The laptop works fine but I Cannot access Hue and saturation from ATI catalyst software. I am not able to figure why this is happening and hence need your help in solving this issue. Any help regarding the topic are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Cannot access Hue and saturation from ATI catalyst

Have you installed the 64 bit version of ATI catalyst on the computer? There is lot of difference between the 32 bit and 64 bit version of ATI catalyst. If the 32 bit version is installed on a 64 bit operating system then you are bound to face such problems. Hence first check the version of the ATI catalyst installed on the computer and if the version installed is not proper, install the proper version and see if it works.

Scan the system with an updated antivirus and see if there are any files which are infected. Virus's have the tendency to get linked with the files which are associated to the operating system. If such a situation occurs then certain features of the system will not work properly. Therefore scan the system and check all the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected and see if the problem is solved or not.

I suspect that there is some problem with the ATI catalyst application which is installed on the computer. The proper working of any application depends on the working of all the files which are associated to it. If any of the file which is associated to the application is not working, then the application will give problems like the one which you are facing. Hence try and reinstall the ATI catalyst on the computer and check if the problem is solved or not.