Thread: Eyefinity Setup for Blur Game

Eyefinity Setup for Blur Game

I had arranged 3 screens to give me a eyefinity setup support for Blur Game. I have a HD5850 in Crossfire to use the three screens and I have lots of doubts here. The first things is that does this apparently require a display port, but no screen display of a port, so I'm going to display to HDMI port, then the other 2 in DVI is good. What is the better way to setup this. I am doing this for the first time. Does comparison to Nvidia ATI is better.

Re: Eyefinity Setup for Blur Game

NVIDIA is focusing on 3D stereoscopic solution which Eyefinity of AMD aims to broaden the vision of the player by allowing him to play three or six screens. It is neither more nor less than the concept of surround-gaming AMD. Eyefinity setup is bit tricky. I will advice you to watch some video on the same. You will have to work a lot on dedicated hardware to make your screens work.

The main technical problem for the implementation of such solutions was limiting the number of outputs on the graphics cards. Typically, a graphics card can drive than traditional two screens independently. Problem playing with two screens, this is not what is most convenient, especially in a shooting game where the focus is found just to the physical separation of the screens. Hence in particular the implementation of AMD's three displays.

AMD's architecture is quiet nice for its graphics chips and integrated management of multiple independent outputs. Precisely for this reason that the Radeon HD 5770 Radeon HD 5850 and 5870 have systematically other two DVI and a DisplayPort connector. While AMD chips can handle up to six tunnels display, only two can be DVI or HDMI. It will necessarily pass through the connector for the DisplayPort third screen.

In this case there are two solutions which you can try out. First to buy a screen provided with a connector DisplayPort. Try to buy a branded stuff for that. As for the configuration that offers six screens AMD Eyefinity, it will this time have a specific version of the Radeon HD 5870 to hope to connect, all in DisplayPort. DisplayPort is an essential part for the setup.

Yes, playing on three screens is undoubtedly a luxury significant. I had did the same on for Blur. But the setup is hectic and there is a need of good hardware support. The other part of Eyefinity is the hardware support. It allows each Radeon HD 5k support up to three screens. But this option has a limitation. Like to handle three screens, a Radeon HD natively 5k must have an exit RFP.

Each card can use a maximum of two output VGA / DVI or HDMI output and a DP. If this condition is met, the user two options the first is either it has a screen with a DP entry, and all is well. A rare case, both screens with a DP entry are few on the market yet. Or the screen is devoid of DP entry and he will respect the following rule. To switch out an RFP to DL DVI or VGA adapter must be active.